Re-record non-watched episodes

Is there a way to add a feature to have a pass only re-record non-watched episodes? For example, I record Wheel of Fortune everyday. I keep 5 recordings, but don't always watch them. Now that they are in reruns for the summer, would be great if the pass could only record reruns that I didn't watch (and skip those that I did watch).

That is the default behavior. If it's recording re-runs, you may have enabled the "re-record deleted" option under advanced for the series pass

Yes. I’m wondering if there is a way to record reruns, but only if you didn’t watch them the first time.

If you had already recorded the episode, by default it won't record the same episode again.
If you set Re-record deleted episodes in the pass, then any episodes that were recorded and deleted will be recorded again. I'm pretty sure their definition of deleted means the recording is no longer in the Channels DVR Trash and has been deleted from the server file system.

Caveat - Something to keep in mind is that once a recording is deleted, Channels DVR has no idea if you watched it or not.

If I understand what you're trying to do...
Keep only 5 episodes (pause recording when it has 5)
Don't record episodes you've watched already

You would need to;
set the pass to not Re-record deleted episodes
set the pass to Keep Unwatched Only
set the pass to Limit 5 recordings
Delete the episode after you watch it

You are missing the point. We know what Channels does, this is a request for Channels to do something new. The request is for Channels to permanently remember if an episode was watched and then be able to base future recordings on the watched/not-watched flag.

I could really use such a feature.

1 Like

You're correct. Wasted my time explaining what everyone already knows.

Yes exactly. Almost like a steaming ap that remembers what was watched and what wasn’t.

+1. for idea. I think that would be a cool idea. Especially for seasonal shows that do episodes daily.

I will vote on this idea.

+1. You are not wrong for trying to figure out the closest that can be done without changing cdvr.

I do not have the re-record deleted episodes enabled, but I am having many shows to re-record. Is this broken? The shows that re-record have been watched and have been deleted from trash. I also notice Channels will re-record programs downloaded from PlayOn.