Real highlighting/selection box?

It would be nice, particularly if in the Accessibility settings for the Apple TV High Contrast mode is selected, that a real selection box is used.

Draw a freaking box around the active item. Same for buttons - instead of just a subtle color change, how about something with an actual boarder?

Leave it how it is for normal use, but if I have High Contrast in Accessibility enabled, having a selection box that has actual contrast would be VERY useful.

And before some smart ass pops off with why would you want that - I'm not advocating changing the DEFAULT behavior. I'm requesting it for - you know - accessibility reasons! Not everyone has age 20 eyes or processes visual information the same way. This flat, no contrast UI design crap that Apple has infected the entire industry with is beyond obnoxious. Being able to tell, at a glance, what is a button vs. some other UI element or non element without having to click around to see what may or not light up, depress or whatever else is the passing UI fad of the moment is actually useful. If you aren't having issue with that - good for you. This request isn't for you! Move along, nothing to see here. However it would be nice if someone does have high contrast mode enabled that channels had, you know, more obvious contrast in what the currently selected thing is!

And while channels is way better than most modern applications when it comes to color, there are still a few parts of the UI where the contrast could be better. There is an excellent discussion of color and accessibility in the US Digital Web Design Standards documentation here: Using color | U.S. Web Design System (USWDS)

In particular, the discussion around the magic number for contrast is very good and I always encourage UI designers to look over their discussion of color.