Recent recordings with Smart Commercial Detection incorrectly appear "Verified"

All recent TVE and Pluto recordings from channels that have Smart Commercial Detection enabled are incorrectly showing as "Verified" immediately after the recording finishes. I can no longer easily tell which of these recordings have actually had their commercials edited.

This issue started recently (within the last week or so) on the DVR pre-releases, and is still happening on the latest v2023.10.13.0514 DVR pre-release.

An older unverified smart detect recording shows the following in its file details:

{
  "CommercialsAligned": true,
  "CommercialsTagged": true,
  "CommercialDetectSource": "tags"
}

However, a recent unverified smart detect recording shows the following in its file details:

{
  "CommercialsEdited": true,
  "CommercialsVerified": true,
  "CommercialDetectSource": "meta"
}

Logs have been submitted as 14da6763-2987-40fe-902a-9ed2fba671e6.

This is still happening on the latest v2023.10.20.1433 DVR pre-release.

I noticed something interesting today: if I run Refresh Metadata on an older unverified smart detect enabled recording, the recording is immediately marked incorrectly as "Verified," and the file details change from the first to the second state shown above:

{
+  "CommercialsEdited": true,
+  "CommercialsVerified": true,
-  "CommercialDetectSource": "tags"
+  "CommercialDetectSource": "meta"
 }

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

I haven't seen it.
Does it appear with the Verified tag?

Yes, despite not actually having edited any commercials:

Ah you must have EDL export integration option enabled?

Yes I do.

fix incoming

1 Like

I can verify it doesn't occur if you don't have EDL export enabled.

That fixed it, thanks!

I made a couple test recordings on some smart detect enabled channels and ran Refresh Metadata on older unverified smart detect enabled recordings—no more rogue "Verified" tags!