Recently Added Movies under Library doesn't update

Hello, I hope I'm adding this to the right category, but it appears that the recently added section under movies on the web interface for Channels DVR for me is showing the oldest adds first as opposed to most recently added. Each time I add something to the movie library, this section does not update or change.

Are you saying that they are sorted in reverse for you? Are the newest movies added to the end of the list?

Well since this topic was brought up here are examples of what I get from DVR manage tab.

I'm not sure if this is what you are referring to but if so; I agree this is not my expected results for the sort function.

Please submit diagnostics. I'm looking at my library and it's working as it should. I'm not sure what could be going on that would make it different for your library.

Diagnostics submitted as bf3d46dd-f613-4eb8-a9a7-c8897d2d5b20

Hope that helps.

Mine appear to be loading alphabetically.

I also sent a diagnostics log as well: 9cd54681-28a8-4d4b-82cd-f7d278b96f86

It's appearing alphabetical because you did a fresh import. So the indexer read them in alphabetical order and added them to the library, so this is in fact the correct order.

The next time you add a movie to your library it will be in front.

I'm not seeing the same thing in diagnostics, they're sorting correctly. Have you tried clicking the sort to toggle them to see if it sets it straight?

Yes I can toggle it and it will bring the most recent movies to the top and then when I go to shows it is showing the oldest at the top. They are completely opposite of each other in their sorting no matter which list I toggle from first it's still opposite when you go to the next list.

Well, I added 2 movies on Saturday (Clerks 3 and The Suicide Squad) and they are appearing at the end of the recently added section. (I also edited the file location of a few other movies).

If it helps, it is showing up in the right place in the API & Feed Explorer (in the order it was added), just not in recently added.

Ok this might be a bug with switching content types and it not respecting the sort that changed since last time they were showing.

I’ll try to reproduce it like that.

I’m still seeing the recently added issue on my server. When I load a new movie on my server it’s still not showing up as the most recently added.

This can happen if you're downloading old videos and your downloader doesn't set the modified or created time on the file correctly.

Can you provide details on what file system you're using for storage?

I’m using an external hard drive for storage. I have separate folders set up for movies and tv shows. Most of the movies have a folder set up for them, but there are some that are in the main movies folder without a separate folder

It seems to happen regardless of it’s from ripping a dvd or recorded through channels dvr. I can confirm that it only affects movies, and not tv shows. Tv shows do show correctly as recently added.