Recommended Tablets for Channels?

I have a new exercise bike on the way and my plan is to do at least 30 minutes each night. One of the things that I think will help me stick to the routine is having something to watch while I'm on the bike. Outside of an IPad or a Surface Pro, are there any other decent tablets that can run Channels?

FireTV Tablets , Android tablets

1 Like

For Android tablets, is there a specific version of Android that is required in order to run Channels?

I've run it on Android 8, 10, and 11 just fine. It also runs on Fire TV and probably Fire tablets too because those are based on Android.

1 Like

I run mine on a Fire HD8 (10th gen). Inexpensive, and Channels works great!

Don't get any of the earlier models, because without USB-C charging you'll get the dreaded "loose charging port" problem and it will turn into a brick. Also, invest in a nice case to protect it from drops.

I loaded it up with apps at first, but now I use it almost exclusively for Channels and as a Kindle. Plug in an SD card to save lots of video locally, and it's a great entertainment device when you travel, too.

Man this just made me remember how excited i am for android support in windows 11 for this app specifically

Why wouldn't you just run it in a web browser on Windows?

The web version is not nearly as advanced - doesn't handle virtual channels at all and is very much just a good enough version

1 Like

You have every reason to be excited! The iPad version of the Channels app, running on my M1 MacBook Pro, is absolutely glorious. Works amazingly well, I love it so much.

Yeah I too have been wondering how well it will work. Obviously it’s doing ARM emulation, so I’m trying not to get too excited. Hoping to be pleasantly surprised. I’m guessing it’s unlikely to be able to do hardware acceleration, so may require a decent CPU for best performance. We’ll see!

Me to I'm currently running the android app in BlueStacks 5 on my laptop but had to remove docker from that laptop to get it to run. BlueStacks and docker won't play well together.

I've been kind of excited about this too. Unfortunately, everything I've read indicates Android app support won't be in the initial Windows 11 release.

Good to see that Channels is already available in the Amazon app store. Hope they keep it up-to-date there.