Record all episodes even repeats?

Pluto TV made a change to the channels with Nickelodeon content. Now all of the shows have generic descriptions. Because of this Channels DVR is no longer recording any shows since I guess all upcoming episodes are considered repeats. Any way to get around this?

A couple of examples of this are:
9269 Nick
9271 Totally Turtles

In the DVR > Passes view of the web UI, you can set your passes to record all, and re-record deleted. (Without the second part; Channels won't record an episode it has already recorded in the past.)

That's the way I have it set but that doesn't work since upcoming episodes still come up as already recordéd because of the generic description.

That is the problem with the guide data then. That's not really something Channels has control over.

Yes. This is the reason I posted this on the feature request forum.

1 Like

Because Channels is basically guide-/episode-based, its recording engine relies upon the guide data given to it. The way it works, it won't re-record something it has already recorded, unless it has: 1) been deleted, and 2) been told to re-record deleted episodes by using the advanced editor for passes.

While Channels does have the ability to override its defaults, presently it only allows you to manually request a re-recording for an existing episode. There is presently no option to do as you want, because it expects the
guide data to accurate/correct. Also, since the guide data for Pluto is inferior—and ViacomCBS probably doesn't care, because this is their free platform—the situation is unlikely to change.

1 Like

Channels doesn't have a record EVERYTHING option like TiVo.
TiVo New = Channels New Episodes
TiVo Repeats = Channels All Episodes
TiVo New and Repeats = Channels All Episodes
TiVo Everything = Channels cannot do

Unless the guide data changes to show something unique about each episode, Channels won't record multiple since it thinks they're all the same episode, and that thinking is baked into Channels.

2 Likes

Why can't we get an extra option to override the limitation and record regardless?

And oh how I wish it did! It would greatly simplify my Channels setup in that I wouldn't need to run multiple server instances. Maybe one day....

Yep. That's one of the reasons I run multiple Channels servers.
I'm pretty sure the devs are working on an option, but don't know when they'll offer a Beta of it.