Record button + icons are missing from iOS client, work just fine on web client

For some reason, the "record" button has gone missing from my iOS app when clicking on an episode from the guide, as have the queued/recording in progress indicators in the guide view. Everything's working properly on the server and in the browser, though.

I just submitted my logs from the iOS; not sure how to attach them into this post.

Check server side client settings for disabling recordings, under Settings > Clients

Thanks for the super-quick response!
The setting I found (Settings > Clients > Library) was called "Allow recordings". It was off, so I enabled it and sync'ed it to my iOS app. And confirmed in the local settings that "Allow Recording" is enabled (and grayed out so it cannot be disabled).

And yet, same symptoms.

Submitted diagnostics from the iOS app again, to capture the updated settings.

Your HDHomeRun Duo has no lineup applied to it in your Channels DVR Server. Therefore, it has no guide data so the client is falling back to guide data that comes directly from Silicon Dust, which is not eligible for recording, so there's no recording buttons.

Go to your Channels DVR Server web admin and visit Settings > Sources and give your HDHomeRun Duo a lineup so that it can download guide data. Once this is done, you'll be able to record airings.

1 Like

Thanks! This also explains (and fixed) why my guide data stopped going out two weeks and only had ~1 day.

Great support!!