Record passes on multiple channels

It'd be nice if a pass could be set up to record an airing on multiple channels. I have a pass set up for an NHL team's games, and the issue I run in to is that the guide data will indicate that a game is being aired on both NBCSN and the regional ATT Sports channel. In fact, the national broadcast does not air locally and NBCSN is carrying other programming, but the guide data didn't indicate that. It would be nice if I could just tell channels to record on both channels in this case.

By the way, absolutely love this product!

While this is currently not possible, there is a workaround: ensure that your RSN has recording priority. If your RSN and NBCSN are being delivered by different sources/tuners, move the one with the RSN higher in the priority chain. If they are the same source—or that won't work for other reasons—mark the RSN as a "favorite", and Channels will prefer that channel for recordings when the same programming is available on additional channels.

Thanks for the help! Where do you set recording priority? Both channels are from the same source.

From the DVR's web UI, go to Settings > Source name > :gear: > Manage Lineup. Then click on the :heart: icon of the RSN to mark is as a favorite.

When a program airs on multiple channels, Channels will prefer the "favorite" channel to record from.

Ah, I thought there was a way to set priority between channels even if they were both favorites. I'll do this for now, thanks for the help!

I don't believe this is possible. In that situation, Channels will make a selection on its own, and it might just give preference for the lower channel number.

Do note though, that favorites on the client are different from favorites on the server. You can still have both marked as a favorite on your clients, but keep just the RSN as a favorite for the DVR.