Recorded filename has changed, missing OAD now

Recorded filename format has changed. Not sure what version this changed at.
Just wondering is it a bug or was it changed on purpose for some reason?

Filenames used to contain the Original Air Date if it's available from gracenote.

example: Forged in Fire S06E31 2019-09-25 Genghis Khans Sword 2019-09-25-2100.mpg

Lately it's not part of the filename even though the schedule and recording json data contains it.

example: Forged in Fire S06E32 Sword of Perseus 2019-10-09-2100.mpg

Recording (files) json data shows
"OriginalDate": "2019-10-09"
"releaseYear": 2019
"releaseDate": "2019-10-09"
"origAirDate": "2019-10-09"

MCEBUDDY hack json metadata file shows
OriginalBroadcastDateTime "2019-10-09T00:00:00Z"

I use the OAD as part of the filename, so since it's now missing I have to discover it and add it to the filename when processing it out of the Channels DVR directory.

The OAD was removed for New episodes where it would match the record time. This was done because many live local news shows have incorrect original air date which was messing up Plex's scanner.

Plex's scanner is supposed to ignore anything in [square brackets] so you could put the OAD in those and have Plex ignore them.

As much as I like Plex, I hate to see Channels change for Plex. It's such a moving target.

Guess I missed that announcement. I don't use Plex any longer.

So what you're saying is that the OAD WILL APPEAR if I record something after the OAD, but if the recording is done on the OAD I can just use the recorded date-time at the end of the filename as the OAD?

i.e. Forged in Fire S06E32 Sword of Perseus 2019-10-09-2100.mpg

Correct.

1 Like

Thanks. I have no issue with that.