Recorded Program doesn't ask to Watch Recording / Watch Live

This is a longtime issue that continues not to be addressed in the app. I've finally documented the specific scenario where this happens to me (however, it might not be the only scenario where this occurs.)

I believe this is primarily happening when I turn off my Shield without backing out of Channels, which is what I do with voice control via Alexa and a Logitech Hub.

When I go to watch the Shield the next time, upon starting it automatically launches Channels, however if anything has been recording you will not see it in the library. Furthermore, if you select a program that has recorded or with recording in progress, it will only go to live, not giving the "Watch Recording / Watch Live" prompt.

The way to fix this is to then back out of Channels and re-enter Channels. I've put up a YouTube video showing this:

Can this problem be addressed?

Can we get diagnostics?

Just generated multiple diagnostics.

What is shown on the screen when you're turning the TV off?

No way to know for sure... but probably just playing a show.

Unfortunately, I can't recreate the scenario easily.

Adding to this... I'm currently running the BETA, but this problem isn't confined to the BETA.

This morning, when booting it started playing CBS (CH 502). My "Start Up" setting is set to "default" however, not to start in Live TV. I backed out into the Library and the Today Show icon again had the "gold" background at the bottom instead of the "maroon" as seen in the video above. I click on it and it goes to "Live". I back out of the app and select the app from the Shield home screen and then after about a second the icon changes to the "maroon" background, I click on it and it asked "Watch Recording / Watch Live" and all is good.

So it appears to me that when the Shield starts and automatically launches Channels, it's not doing whatever library refresh it normally does. So it seems to me a library refresh needs added somewhere in the mix... maybe something normally redundant but fixes this scenario?