Recorded show stuttering every few seconds

So this just started to happen I recorded a show tonight and I go to watch it and it plays for a second and the pauses for a few seconds and then plays again and the.n pauses again. Anyone else have this happen before?

Is it happening on older recordings too?

Yes 1 I recorded on Thursday and 1 I recorded Saturday night.

Can you try playing the recording on your computer and see if it stutters there also

Is your DVR machine connected over Wifi or ethernet? How about the Apple TV?

I haven’t had a chance to try the recording in the PC yet and Ethernet on the PC and Apple TV

I can confirm it plays fine on the PC.

Can you check what version is shown on the Settings tab of the ATV app?

iOS 11 on Apple TV, I did this yesterday and it didn’t work but I just restarted the PC again and now the shows are playing.

1 Like

Sorry to but in here, but this may help. I have noticed slight stuttering to streams of live channels and also DVR recordings on one of my ATV4th gen. It’s running tvOS11. I also have an ATV4th gen in the bedroom that’s not been updated to tvOS 11 yet (it’s still on 10.something) and it doesn’t display any stuttering.

1 Like

Yes, this is an issue with tvOS 11. It appears that this performance issue has been fixed in tvOS 11.1 based on testing with the beta. Hopefully it will be available soon.

1 Like

I’ve finally found a solution for the stuttering.

So, I was seeing stuttering - especially on the BBC News HD channel. Tried on tvOS 10.2.2, 11 and 11.1 beta and all were stuttering (tried on 2 different Apple TVs) it was getting to the point where it felt unwatchable.

I noticed Apple TV had defaulted to the 1080p 60Hz on both my TVs. Changed this to 1080p 50Hz and now everything is totally smooth and playing flawlessly. This is on tvOS 11.1 beta on 4th gen.

Hopefully this helps anyone else experiencing this issue.

1 Like