Recorded shows locking up

I have an onn Google TV stick with an Insignia TV. I have significant issues with recorded shows. The symptoms are starting, stopping, freezing, channels dvr app restarting and even the Google TV restarting.

I've replaced the stick with no change. I have 2 other TVs in the apartment they all run channels with recorded shows great.

Live TV seems to be fine.

I'm getting about 350 Mbps with a speed test. I placed a phone in the same location and Channels DVR was fine.

All other apps on the onn Google TV work fine.

It is a very old TV, is it possible something is going on with the HDMI ports of the TV and it is causing the channels app and Google TV to fail?

Thank you
Brad

Move stick to other HDMI ports on that tv, move the suspect stick to a known good TV and see if it does the same. Nothing on the tv should cause the stick to reboot imo.

Kind of sounds like it's the stick.

I forgot to mention that I just replaced the stick and it didn't seem to help. I reduced the stream to 6 Mbps, and it seems like it stopped. I will test some more, but is it possible since that this is a 720p TV, that streaming at the higher rate was causing the Stick / app to fail?