Recorded Shows, Season Passes, Not Showing Up On New DVR

I got a MyCloud Home and plugged it into my router. After setup, I copied the folders for Database, Images, Logs, Streaming, and TV into the Subfolder that was created on setting up the DVR on the WD. However, when I go to configure it, there are no season passes or recordings, even though I can confirm they are all in the same folder that shows on the WD. Thoughts @tmm1 as to what is going on? All the database files are in the location that I told it to Enable DVR.

You have to use http://x:8089/restore to import the old data

Do I need to do anything special to do this since I already configured it once, or simply type that in?

You need to uncheck the dvr checkbox, then change the browser url to have /restore at the end and follow the instructions on screen.

Since the files are already on the WD device, will I be able to import from that location or do I need to put it all back on the computer to import?

Yes

Thanks, have it up and going now, for the most part. Having issues with one Apple TV, not for sure why, when the other one is working perfectly fine. The mesh wifi network might have something to do with it. I try to just pull it up in a web browser while I'm on the same network and it spins forever.