Recorded TV Filenames for Media Managers and Metadata

I’m going to cross my fingers and toes and hope that we’ll see the option to change the format of the filename.

Great workaround though!

2 Likes

Same thoughts here. The library load times are atrocious on “the workaround” but at least viewing/ffd the individual files is good. :blush:

1 Like

Hello,

I have heard back from Firecore:

"Hi Matt, thanks for your note.

Having the record date is going to throw off Infuse’s matching since dates can be used for release (year) or air date. Does Channels have an option to prevent the date from being written to the filename? If so, Infuse should be able to pick the files up straight away.

An alternative would be to use XML files to override the info in Infuse, but this will be a bit clunky as Infuse will treat the videos as normal movies unless it’s able to properly determine they are in fact a TV show (based on the filename).

If you’re in contact with the Channels guys, you might suggest they provide an option to hide the record date in the filename, or tuck it away in an XML file. The result would be episode files that are universally compatible with many apps, not just Infuse.

Hope this helps.
Firecore support"

It appears that XML is only respected for movies, which is what I experienced in my testing when trying different scenarios with the XML specs for other apps.

With that, is there any light at the end of this tunnel?

Thank you!

3 Likes

Has anyone been able to test Infuse load times for libraries with Plex Media Server list of files (from Channels), which will then correspond to Infuse (and others) standards versus original file names corresponding to Infuse (etc.) standards?

If there is no difference in load times, this appears to be a moot point, as it requires only the necessary Plex Media Server mid-step, which is very advantageous/necessary for multiple file locations (currently not allowed in Channels).

Infuse scanning for new movies/tv shows over DLNA w/ Plex takes forever for me.

Bummer. Especially because technically TV is in the filename, since all the tv shows are inside a TV folder.[quote=“MattBTweet, post:20, topic:1685”]
After additional testing, I’ve found that the most successful naming convention for Kodi, Plex, and Infuse is [Series Name] S[Season Number]E[Episode Number] [Air date] [[Record date and time]].
[/quote]

Sounds like this is the best path forward. I would like to keep the episode name in there too, I assume it can go in between the [Air date] and [Record date].

1 Like

I have been using the plex work around and it loads just fine on infuse!

I believe so. It appears to ignore the rest of the file name if the tv show name and season/episode numbers are provided. :+1:

New test build is available with updated filename scheme. Please test with Infuse/Kodi/etc and let me know if it works before I push it out to everyone.

curl -XPUT http://127.0.0.1:8089/updater/check/2017.06.09.2116

1 Like

Where do you want this run? I’m running the DVR server on a Windows box. Does that impact this at all? :slight_smile: Sorry, I should have shared that with you earlier on!

Run this in Powershell to update:

Invoke-WebRequest -UseBasicParsing -Method Put http://127.0.0.1:8089/updater/check/2017.06.09.21161

It doesn’t seem to change the version number after running in Powershell…should I see a different number in the web UI?

Typo’d:

Invoke-WebRequest -UseBasicParsing -Method Put http://127.0.0.1:8089/updater/check/2017.06.09.2116

2 Likes

Tested Plex, Kodi, and Infuse all were successful!

2 Likes

Thanks. v2017.06.09.2116 is now live for everyone.

2 Likes

Thank you for this!
While I would have been disappointed if the naming convention wouldn’t have made the enhancement list, your attention to your community is what will continue to make Channels the DVR solution!
Sincerely, thank you.

2 Likes

Would it be possible to get an option to store the .edl next to the file with the same name similar to how the json is stored?

The edl is stored in the comskip logs dir and can also be accessed via /dvr/files/xxx/comskip.edl

Yup, but it’s extremely time consuming to figure out which goes to what recording since I have to dig through the log file to find out while file number it is then copy the edl to the folder. Unless there’s an API way I could do it, that would make it easy to script.

Nevermind, I used the video.log to get the information and made a quick bash script that did it for me that I’ll stick in cron and run every night.