Recording from HDHomeRun with ATSC3 Signals

Is there a way to have the DVR automatically revert to use a regular DT Signal (ATSC1) if the two tuners in the HDHomeRun tuner are busy? I've had it miss recording some shows because the two tuners that are capable of recording ATSC3 are busy so it just skips the show. Getting around this would require me to sort out the schedule in more detail to see if there are times that will create this conflict. It would be nice if the DVR could just switch to an ATSC1 tuner if the others are busy.

Are you setting the Channel #'s in the Pass ? Can you post your pass ?

I can see that being a Problem if you only have 1 tuner as Channels will use the first tuner on the unit then go on to the 2nd etc ... The first 2 tuners are the only ones that can record ASTC 3.0 but Channels does not care about that.

I believe the HDHomeRun app if you have 4 recordings at 8:pm it will Record the first 2 in ASTC 3.0 then the other 2 will be ASTC 1.0

HDHR5-4K without ATSC 3.0 in your area - Silicondust

Not sure what you meant about posting the pass but here's a screenshot. I did have a channel number in the pass but I'm not sure how to create the pass without specifying a channel. I can't remember but usually I create them from clicking on the channel in the guide. If the ATC3 channel is available I'd like to use that one and that's the channel that is in the pass.

It is a Channels DVR limitation not yours. I believe that Channels DVR does not know that only the first 2 tuners use ATSC 3.0... So it will use tuner 0 and 1 for other passes ... making that pass top Priority might help.

Remove the channel number from your pass and it will use the other channel automatically

1 Like

For Example, my FOX ATSC 1 is weak so I want all fox to record in ATSC 3.0 only .. the only way is to include the channel number.

If you are trying to have the ASTC 3.0 signal be preferred but not limited to that, make the ATSC 3.0 your favorite channel for the specific channel, leave the ASTC 1.0 in the guide but not favorite, and then remove reference to the specific channel. If the ASTC 3.0 is available, it will record that channel, but if not will fall back to the ASTC 1.0 I believe.

This is my Prime Pass my 12.1 has a weak signal. 112.1 has a great signal ... I am able to do this only because I have extra HDHR devices.

Conditions
Tags == New 
Channel CONTAINS 2.1 
Channel CONTAINS 6.1 
Channel CONTAINS 8.1 
Channel CONTAINS 32.1 
Channel CONTAINS 112.1 
Time CONTAINS 8pm 
Time CONTAINS 9pm 
Time CONTAINS 10pm 
Time CONTAINS 7pm 
Genres EXCLUDES News 
Title EXCLUDES SIGN OFF 

Also, 1.0 requests go to the 1.0 only tuners before utilizing a dual tuner. Tuner 2,3,0 and then 1.
The only time this is not true is when mapping a 1.0 frequency to a custom channel. Then it starts at tuner 0.

Removed misinformation by me.

I frequently check the HDHR config GUI and usually only have 2 channels recordings going and they are on tuners 2 & 3

Wow you are correct I just tested this and it works just like you said. Thanks for your input.

So all the OP would have to do is set that pass as top priority over all others.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.