Recording passes and OTA signal level

I have an OTA channel that often broadcasts a show I have a recording pass for, whose signal level seems to vary a lot. Sometimes it’s unwatchable but sometimes it’s good so I don’t really want to hide it. The same show airs on cable channels. Do I need to worry about channels recording and saving a very glitchy episode from the OTA channel when the signal was bad, blocking the recording of a better quality video from the cable channel in the future?

Channels DVR uses the source and channel its recording priority https://getchannels.com/docs/getting-started/faqs/subscription/#how-does-the-dvr-pick-which-tuner-to-use-to-make-a-recording dictates. If it can start recording from the glitchy OTA source, it will record it.
You can specify a channel number in your passes, or adjust source priorities and favorite channels to make Channels DVR record from the channels you want.

How do I specify a channel number in passes? This is what I see in the iOS app:

Looks like it's not surfaced in the iOS client.
I always setup and modify my passes from the DVR web admin UI.

@tmm1
Feature request: Ability when setting passes to set a minimum signal strength before moving to next source.

Use case: I have same channel through OTA/TVE. I prefer OTA when signal strength is good. Ability to set "minimum dignal strength = 75%" before it goes to next priority.

I could set TVE source as #1 prioritu. However TVE is not always as good of quality. Also many people (like me) have low ISP speed (10mbit) sobits easy to overwhelm your bandwidth.

This is something i remembered bringing up before. Issue is as long as the station has good enough signal to turn to channel it will record from that source.

Please add this to the long list of future, maybe one day,possible projects. Thank you.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.