Recording Prime Video yet?

I read a few older posts about trying to record prime video with Channels. What I gleened is it wasn't possible. I was thinking the custom channels might be what to do. I was thinking of the game tonight but using playon cloud wouldn't help as it wouldn't download till later.

I usually like to watch football after about an hour or more into the recording so I can skip between plays (more granular sports skip would be great, maybe add 20 & 25 seconds to the choices) Currently I use 22 or 23 seconds for skipping inside football games. 30 is too long and 15 is too short to skip between plays for the downs they do a quick snap.

Not directly, but you could do this:

Be warned, that if you do this, you'll loose icons in the Timeline when seeking, as there won't be any that map to your custom seek time.

If you don't see an icon while seeking, this is why.

I've actually done the work for feeding FireTV LiveTV into Channels using the ah4c project (requires an HDMI Encoder with one or more FireTV sticks/cubes connected).

This would give you whatever linear Prime channels that are available, including any premium subscriptions you have through Prime. Basically anything that shows up in the LiveTV guide.

Around 60 channels maximum for reasonable performance. I haven't messed with Thursday Night Football in particular, but I don't imagine it would be overly difficult to include. Nobody's really asked for it, and I always watch football live myself.

Take a look at the PlayOn app, it works with Prime.

Is there something documented on how I could accomplish this? And how to force it to my clients.. I don't even know if my Shield boxes have curl either. -Bill

1 Like

Playon doesn't work if you want to watch delayed so you can skip the junk. It only works if you are willing to wait till the game is over to watch. -Bill

Seems like something you could do with the Chrome Capture feature of Channels?

Ok. I will just mark the answer as a No.. After reading about the game I wanted to come home and watch I am grateful I couldn't record it.