Recording same SeriesID and Tag at two different times on two different channels

I'm trying to set up primary and fallback recordings for new episodes of series. I've tried setting up two series passes, one for the earlier showing via TVE and a second one for the later showing via HDHR at a different location. That leads Channels to only see the earlier pass as the sole pass.

I've tried a single pass with two different Channel CONTAINS values but that leads to an "Error: Job Not Found" for one of the two airings. Usually the latter airing.

The reason for the setup is in case the TVE feed is not working, or if it drops portions of the show and becomes incomplete, or if the network connection is down then there is the backup HDHR feed that shouldn't have any issues with feeds.

Diagnostics 311493e3-71a1-44d2-b133-7797989070b5

It's not currently possible to do this with a single DVR.

I encoutered pretty much the same thing as you and solved it by using two Channels DVR's.
You can run more than one, but only one of them will be available for remote access.
I''m currently running 4 of them.

Can you expand a bit on how you do that? I have one set up in a VM on unraid, I can spin up a second one in docker. I'm just not sure how to have the local clients see both DVRs?

A local client would have to select which DVR it connects to via IP address.
I disable Bonjour on all of them.
I'm just saying it will work to record the way you want.

In the past I had one "Master" DVR that used local imports to point to my other DVR's recording directories and would import those recordings when they completed. That would help if you're worried about client access to all recordings. Until they consider allowing what we want natively.

Wouldn't it make more sense to just get rid of the extra pass and set your main pass to only record on Channel 7.1? Then you will always have the good recording from the HDHR.

At the expense of being 3 hours later.