Recording unwatchable

Channels DVR on Ubuntu, HDHomeRun tuner. For 80% of recordings this works just fine. We've had a few recordings that have broken video/audio on playback, and sometimes simply freeze.

The active HDTV antenna plugged into the HDHR seems adequate--typical signal quality is 80-90% for local stations. The DVR hardware is an older Celeron with 2TB disk. All are directly connected via a local gigabit Ethernet network.

Where else can I look for problems? The hardware seems okay, as does the signal quality. Thanks

I think the latest stable release had issues. Upgrading to the latest pre solved the issue for me.

Thanks. I'll try 2023.01.31.0414 and see if I still have problems.

1 Like

Look in the logs after you get a recording that is messed up paste the results here. You may be having an issue with signal even though it appears fine.
Also what antenna are you running? You say active antenna and that raises red flags right there.
What clients are you running? are they hardwired as well?
Does this happen on the official HDHomerun app? If it does it doesn't have anything to do with channels. (We will still help you with your setup, this is just a process of elimination)

Thanks for the reply. I suspect it was the antenna all along--at times signal seemed fine, but not throughout the entire day.

Moving the antenna to a window was all that was needed. I'm sure the siding on my house isn't helping. When weather is nicer I'm going to setup an attic antenna.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.