Recordings don't show in recordings, but they do in library

Is it normal for recordings to be removed from the recordings section and into the library after a while? I thought I had lost recordings, but they are all in the library now. Only the last 3 recorded are left in the recordings section now and they are slowly disappearing from there. As of right now everything recorded from 9/26 and earlier only show in library and after 9/28 are still in recordings and library.

Yes, there's a cutoff. But I'm not certain if it is limited by the number of entries, or by date.

(For those who make manual time-based recordings, this is an issue, because those recordings don't show up in the Library, only the Recordings page.)

Since this is posted in the Channels DVR Troubleshooting section, Not sure where you're seeing the Library and Recordings page?
I put the SeriesID in my manual recordings and they work in the web UI, perhaps you're talking about some specific Channels Client?

Yes, this is in reference to the clients. The Recordings page (by default under Settings, but can be promoted to the sidebar) shows a reverse chronology list of all recordings. I believe this is what the OP was referring to, since my experience has shown that entries on that page are not exhaustive. (I haven't bothered to compare the list between different days to see what the limit is, or whether it is based upon time or quantity.)

The Recordings listing in the web UI is similar, but complete.

(Perhaps "page" wasn't the best word to use. Perhaps "screen" or "tab" would be better suited. Personally, I use "page" to refer to a top-level section in the clients, and "tab" to refer to levels below that. Ie, Library is a "page", but Library > Recently Recorded > More > Alphabetical is a "tab". Inelegant, but it gets the point across.)

OK, I only have the iOS client and only use it when I see something it has I can't do with my workflow.
Hasn't happened yet since my client is my PC's web browser or VLC and I can access my recordings on PC's on the same LAN as my two Channels DVR servers. Also not yet a remote Channels DVR user.

Not sure for manual recordings if just including the SeriesID would work for the situation you're talking about on the clients. I know if you include the ProgramID it appears it won't record duplicates, haven't tried that yet to see if it actually will.