Reelz (ch6095)"Playback Failed Stream Not Available" Error message

Hello.
Using my DirecTV credentials & trying to tune into Reels (ch6095). Im getting "Playback Failed Stream Not Available" Error message.

It's available with my package. I've rescanned the channel. Everything checks out ok. I ran Troubleshooting - all green checkmarks. Channels is updated to 2022.06.20.0235. I've also rebooted my (NUC) server.

I logged into Reelz (Reelz) on my desktop w/my credentials. The live stream feed is working.

Logs submitted to support (2dbbf7a5-d826-4a43-b1cd-de17439f3379)

UPDATE: Since this is clearly a Reelz problem, I reached out to [email protected] detailing the issue. Hoping that will helpstrong text

I'll need a chrome HAR to investigate.

Actually seems to be working here. Maybe you need to rescan the channel.

Never mind. Their website is broken. It just plays the same 30s clip every time.

So must be a Reelz thing. I'll check it again in the morning & post.

Thanks for the quick response

Good thing you checked.

Is it looping an earlier Mobsters show?
Not that it matters, but the guide at zap2it showed Mobsters airing from 4PM to Midnight last night.

Yep... Same here. Looking on Philo, they're playing "Whitesnake: Story of Their Songs" but the Reelz web player is looping an 18 second clip of "Mobsters."

Reelz is going to have "On Patrol: Live" which is supposed to be the reincarnation of LivePD. I just signed up for Philo in anticipation, but so far I'm thinking that's not going to work. I see that this looping issue has been mentioned here in the forums at least once a year since 2019. I'd like to keep it all in Channels, but if Reelz won't fix their page (which I honestly don't blame them if they don't. Most people are going to use their app...) I'll have to swap over to the Philo app for it.

On Patrol: Live is exactly why I'm concerned. Can't wait for that to start!

1 Like

When I logged in on desktop, that's what was playing. I guess I didn't stay on long enough to realize it was on a lóop.

I reached out to [email protected] detailing the issue. Fingers crossed.

Yeah I sent [email protected] a message concerning this too. I told them that several members of my online television enthusiasts community from all over the country have reported the same problem. The TVE and the online live video are looping the same 18 second video segment.

Hi there,
I just tried reelz on Channels and stream is down here.
I'm using my philo log in to grab the channel.

Reelz got back to me stating "Thank you for reaching out to us. We are aware of the issue and are trying to get the live stream working again by end of day today."

So cross your fingers.

1 Like

I haven't heard back yet, but that's awesome. Power to the people! Thanks

just checked - it's working where I am. hoping the same for you & others as well. also hoping it stays that way.

2 Likes