[RELEASE] Stream Link Manager for Channels

:laughing: Well, too be fair, you could also use the Python-direct version or the self app-build method, but I imagine both of those would be even more complicated than just using Docker! Thankfully, with things like Project One-Click, it's getting a bit easier to get stuff up and running in short order.

2 Likes

Neat!! That'll be nice to have as I could add shows remotely via webui instead of using the script from another computer to a network drive

This is a very exciting project. I’m sitting here cheering you on. I have to admit, I didn’t quite understand what it did at first, but I recently went and added a few movies and a couple shows to Channels via stream links, and then I remembered seeing this project. When I came back and read the info, the light bulb went off. Can’t wait to see it!

1 Like

The project looks good.
I'm excited to use the container with web interface etc.
Keep us posted.

Here's a little preview of what's to come:

Pics or it isn't real...

4 Likes

Beta testing is now underway! You can follow along and get a preview of everything in the new Github repo:

Please note that the Beta testing is still with a closed group and you will not find the program on the repo until production launch.

Progress looks great.
thanks for showing things off.

Very much looking forward to trying this out.

1 Like

Getting very, very close! You can now see in the GitHub repo that basically everything is filled in save a preview/help video and some more FAQ / Troubleshooting (less the entire software, of course). I'm feeling really good about stability and ease/options of deployment.

2 Likes

@babsonnexus
I have not used this yet. But i have been reading and following your updates. This post is simply to give you :clap: applause. It is users custom projects and dedication that helps make CDVR great. Thank you for being Legend I hope your not lactose intolerant DAIRY!!!!

Edit: typo. I said defecation. Lol

2 Likes

I can tell you didn't type all them words :laughing:

1 Like

New preview (with chapter markers!):

4 Likes

@Rwbisme, I just wanted you to know that Mac-related troubleshooting is driving me :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I kid, it's all good to find these issues in beta and knock them out. I'm hopeful we're within the last few beta iterations before wide release!

2 Likes

We are now live! Please follow the directions above:

And again, I cannot thank enough Alpha/Beta testers (in no particular order), who, without their help, this would not be possible: @jasonmcroy, @mgantt87, @Fofer, @bnhf, @mjitkop, and @Jean0987654321

If you are using Olivetin / Project One-Click, it should be available on there in a short while.

For anyone having any issues or questions, please continue the conversation below...

5 Likes

Trying to set this up, having issues finding the Channels folder thru Docker on MacOS. I have the env variable set to /Volumes/External990Pro/DVR, but it errors out. Trying to navigate to it in the web settings, I can only see internal Docker folders. How do I get the host folders thru Docker?

EDIT to add that my Channels on MacOS is running natively, not in a docker container, if that makes a difference.

Please share the error. Also, let's see a screen shot of your environment variables.

This is expected behavior:

https://github.com/babsonnexus/stream-link-manager-for-channels#settings-channels-directory

No impact, should actually make your life easier than trying to get two containers to talk to each other!

Error:

Environmental Vars:

The error says to set the folder in Settings, but I can't find it. Also the default Channels URL is incorrect, but I can fix that. Not sure how it determined that.

EDIT - Watching the setup video (prior was just reading the written setup instructions) and clicking into /app/channels_folder/ it is showing my folders and files, so it seems the error message is wrong?

Got this working. Pretty sweet!! Combined with the Personal Sections, I can now get AppleTV+ functionality in Channels and see when new streaming episodes pop up (a least it seems that this is now a possibility!) Thanks for sharing!!!

1 Like

Glad you got it working! Just wanted to point out that there was no error, just info warnings that the program couldn't figure out your Channels folder and URL during installation, so you had to set those manually in Settings as shown in the instructions on the repo and in the video. This is normal and expected behavior, especially for Docker installations.

1 Like

Congrats on this release @babsonnexus, the work you put into it is great and really appreciated. It deserves to be met with wide acclaim here and everywhere and I’m happy to help with feedback along the way! I appreciate the flexibility you built into the newest version, that makes SLM more scalable and easier to maintain moving forward. I'm still entering my AppleTV+ titles and will certainly have more questions when I move onto the next phase of my movie library transmogrification.

In the meantime, what's the best way to upgrade from the "slm_docker" download running on my Mac now, to the latest release of the Github-hosted SLM? For future updates and for watchdog to be able to handle it regularly? I'm sure that gets handled on this page, but what do I enter? Thanks...

1 Like