Remember to clean your Logs directory

Yesterday I set up Hazel rule, to leave only logs from last 2 days.
I didn't notice at first what takes lot of space on my hard drive. Looks that I had over 800 folders with logs average size ~50MB. Over 27GB now free! :slight_smile:

I wasn’t aware of this. Can you turn it off for good? What’s the benefit of the logging aside from sending it to the devs if something goes wrong?

How do even clean the Logs directory? THough, mine is only 8MB, and i have had Channels online for several months.

The Comskip subdirectory of the logs is the one that appears to be large.

The video.mpg is not really a file. It's a symbolic link to the actual file in your TV/ or Movies/ recording directories. While it reports a multi-GiB filesize, it's really on a single inode.

Understood but I can see why some users think the logs are huge. Also if it is a symbolic link ... shouldn't I be able to play it in VLC ?

Never mind it's a linux thing so trying to play symbolic link in windows fails.

While symlinks are far more common in Unix-like systems, NTFS does support both symbolic and hard links. (Both are also supported on all native macOS systems, too.)

However, FAT-based filesystems—like FAT32 and exFAT—do not support links. So, while it seems like links are *nix only, Windows has them, too.