Remote Access from ATV4 Other than Home ATV

Can I access my DVR Server from another ATV 4 that has Channels installed but is not my ATV 4? Channels would be installed under a different Apple ID.

Some background. I plan to fly to visit relatives that have an ATV4, but not Channels or the DVR. I don’t want to take my ATV 4 with me. I would buy the Channels under someone’s else Apple ID and would like to access my DVR located at home via my relatives ATV 4.

You could airplay from your DVR to your relative’s ATV using the web-ui on an iPhone. You actually don’t even need Channels on the ATV to do this.

This is planned but not yet possible

Just to bring this back up to the top so that others are aware, I have made this work as of November '17 (beta feature?). We were in Disney and I brought my own ATV4 with me to the hotel. I brought my own router and set it up and signed in to remote DVR and was successful and VERY happy to see that it worked great (aside from slow internet), and we were able to watch TWD while away from home after a LONG day of walking! Thanks Channels!!! Awesome feature!

3 Likes

Awesome! I love hearing successful stories like this.

And man, yeah, allllll that walking. Those are fun exhausting days.

1 Like