Remote connection works but local does not

I can connect remotely but when trying to sign in locally through my AppleTVs I can not connect. The message I get is "Your DVR is not quite set up yet. Visit this URL in your browser to complete it. HTTP://192.168.1.18:8089".
Two things,

1. I completed the setup and am able to sign in remotely.
  2. I can not even sign in on the computer I used to set up the system, but remote sign-in works on all of my local machines.

I'm sure I'm missing something simple. Does anyone have an ideas?

Seems like you have the dvr installed on two machines?

What do you see when you visit the url it's asking you to setup from?

When I try a local connection to the server it does not connect. The browser just times out.

Your right I tested a Rasberry pI installation and then I went back to the original NAS (Synology DS412+) installation and at that point, I was no longer able to connect locally. The Raspberry PI is no longer powered up.

Are you able to access the Synology DVR using the IP directly? Try quit/restart the Apple TV app by clicking TV/Home twice and swiping up

I figured it out. I had nothing to do with Channels DVR. I had setup a direct path on the NAS and forgot to disable it. I am so sorry for wasting your time, but your previous message jogged my memory. So, thank you! I really appreciate the support!!!!

2 Likes