Remote DVR has never worked for me

In all of my tests I’ve done using the Channels DVR app and now the latest beta, I’m unable to get access to my remote DVR

Do you mean EVER or since using this beta version?

Ever. I think I got it to connect once to remote DVR while not on my network…but then after that I haven’t been able to.

When I open the app off network, it gives me options, I select “Log into Remote DVR” which takes me to a web page that asks me to authorize my creds on the DVR app, I do, it takes me back to the DVR app and nothing happens.

I just did the above on both the beta and Channels DVR app without a success.

• Do you have Remote DVR enabled in the web admin?
  • Do you know if you have something preventing port 8089 from forwarding to your Channels DVR server computer?
  • Do you have a modem and router potentially double nat’ing your network?
  • When you get to the page to log in, it should actually be you logging into the community site. Try logging into it in Safari first so you’re already logged in. Then go through the remote log in flow and see if that works.
  • Do you have Remote DVR enabled in the web admin? - Yes
  • Do you know if you have something preventing port 8089 from forwarding to your Channels DVR server computer? - Not that I am aware of. My router has port 8089 forwarded to my DVR IP
  • Do you have a modem and router potentially double nat’ing your network? - I see on my DVR Settings page that I have 2 IPs going to my Ubuntu laptop. I don’t recall seeing that before
  • When you get to the page to log in, it should actually be you logging into the community site. Try logging into it in Safari first so you’re already logged in. Then go through the remote log in flow and see if that works. - Tried this multiple ways. Currently I’m logged in on Safari but it when I get back to the DVR or beta app I get a failure popup

Does my.channelsdvr.net work? Does portchecker.co show port 8089 as open?

my.channelsdvr.net - works from outside my network
portchecker.co shows 8089 is open

Please submit diagnostics after trying to login via the app

Sent…I had to get back on my network to submit. I did a few more tests and submitted those logs as well. You should have 2 from me.

Any update on this @tmm1?

I just went to my.channelsdvr.net and it says my connection is untrusted with error SEC_ERROR_UNKNOWN_ISSUER.

What does it show in the remote access section of the DVR settings page? Is there a spinner or message about ssl?

image image

Well you need to turn on Remote DVR for it to work.

2 Likes

Wow…thought it was. My bad. Sorry for wasting your time on that.