Remote DVR off network not working

new Ubiquiti router issues. with Port Forward set to auto it says to configure router to 8090. with it set to manual it says to set router to 8089. if created an IP reservation for my Mac Mini and have also set up Port Forwarding rule using dozens of combinations of settings based on the info i just provided, and nothing works. i get the Channels splash screen saying it can't see my server and to forward port 8089

EdgeRouter or USG? Also, I don't believe UPnP nor NAT-PMP are enabled by default on either EdgeOS routers or Unifi gateways.

I'm running an EdgeRouter (ER-X) as my router/gateway right now with no problems with remote access, so it can be done.

to answer your question, i had enabled those already.

that said, i gave up last night after my original post, went to bed, and when i got up this morning it had apparently begun working. so i'm not exactly sure what the problem was.

if someone knows i would still appreciate an explanation as to why my settings were working last night, but were working this morning, without anymore tinkering from me.

That means 8089 was already reserved. That reservation probably expired overnight and then the dvr was able to grab it.