Remote Input Not Registered While "Skip Commercials" Visible

I have been noticing an issue for a couple weeks. When watching a show, or when skipping through a show, the buttons on my AppleTV remote stop being recognized when the "Skip Commercials" button is visible on screen... all buttons except for the Select button. As soon as it disappears, I can FF/RW/etc. again. Basically, I either have to select "Skip Commercials" (which I don't usually want to do if I am watching this way) or I have to wait for the button to time out on the screen before I can use my remote buttons again. My server and AppleTV are both up to date with the public releases. I have a 2nd Gen AppleTV 4K with the current remote design.

Yes, that’s by design as it ignores those inputs so as not to have duplicate inputs.

You need to dismiss the button first by using the back button.

Is this new, though? This is how I've always used my Channels setup because I mainly have cable for live sports where I've found the "Skip Commercials" button to be a little less useful. It only seems to have been happening for a few weeks at most.

No, it’s not new. seeking has always been disabled while the action button is visible at the bottom.

Hmmm, ok. That doesn't seem right based on how I've used the product for 2+ years. I've always set the right arrow button to skip ahead 30 seconds for each press of the button for sports content (or 7 seconds during NFL season since that's ideal for not missing snaps,) and I've always been able to skip all the way through a commercial break without remote button interruption or having to wait for an on screen button to time out. I've always been able to tap through the "Start from Beginning" button too. I start tapping usually before the Skip Commercials button is even shown, and have been able to skip right through it when it is displayed. I don't usually bother pushing back in tech support situations in general, but in this case I've been doing the same thing for so long, that it was a noticeable change to an established workflow.

There was a recent bug in tvOS 17 where selecting that button would also trigger play/pause.

It’s possible that this mitigation effected this as well. We’ll take a look.