Remote Tuner Missing Guide Data

I have been successfully using Channels to stream content using remote dvr/away from home to my 2nd home. I recently added a HDhomerun at my 2nd house to receive the local OTA stations. Using the local clients (Chromecast TV) I was able to discover the tuner and tune the local OTA stations, but there is no data in the TV guide. I understand I can't record shows using with this setup, but I was hoping to at least have guide data so I knew what was airing. Is this possible?

On the DVR Web UI, have you mapped the guide data to your 2nd home's zip code? (:gear: dropdown next to the HDHomeRun entry under Sources). After mapping, have you tried Settings > Guide Database > Maintenance > Delete and Recreate Database?

Thanks for the input. Since the new OTA HDhomerun (home 2) is on a different network than the DVR server (home 1), the new OTA tuner doesn't show up under the server's configuration UI. I was hoping there was a solution without having to go the VPN way.

Having a local tuner while remotely connected always seems to get finicky.

Have you accessed the local tuner via its device webpage and run a channel scan? Does the HDHR app on the local device find the tuner and show guide data for the tuner? After verifying those two steps, force close and relaunch Channels. Then perhaps in the Channels app, go to Settings > Manage Sources and move the local tuner to the top of the list.

Yes I ran the channel scan from the device's IP address. I then used the HDHR app and it correctly loaded the channels and the channel guide. I went back to Channels and tried managing sources, but not change - the guide data was still missing.

The app can only load data from the dvr server when connected to a dvr

I’m experiencing missing guide data as well in an RV setup like this. @tmm1 do you know if I enable the integrated tailscale solution on the RV Apple TV back to the remote server, will the dvr then be able grab guide data for the RV tuner?