Reorder Channel collections and Favorites

For Android and maybe iOS?

I would like to be able to move some of the custom collections I built to move up a favorite list I created

Channel Collections are ordered by how you add them to the server side setting. Just remove some and add some to get them in the order you’d like.

I guess that would work but it's kind of a long way around?

2 Likes

Around what? This isn’t a trick to make it work, this is how it works.

When applying your Channel Collections to your clients, you add them in the order you want them to appear. This is how order is handled.

I understand thats how it works. Collections are in order you add. This isn't a huge deal if you only have a few collections or rarely modify. BUT. . . It could be easier. I wish i could drag something from bottom of list and move it to somewhere else without having to re-arrange everything. It would go a long way to making UX more intuitive. A lot easier. Ive been using CDVR for a while. And i had the same issue of re-arranging collections. I had to ask tmm1 howto on discord to figure it out. So its definitely not a intuitive solution. However im not a coder. That simple change might be hard or easy. I have no clue.

So ad this to my long list of unrealistic demands that I insist you implement yesterday. . . Why are you sitting their drinking coffee watch WCW re-runs of rick flair. MUSH! Go implement my unrealistic demands.Now!

I think a lot of people are confused in the Channel Collections manager, which has a sidebar with Channel Collections in an order that can not be re-ordered, which is actually ordered by their custom channel number, vs the actual place you apply your Channel Collections to tell Channels which ones you want to use.

It's simply a picker, which adds them in the order you pick them. If you want to change their order, you just remove some and add some to get them in the right order.

This isn't something we'll be changing any time soon.