Request: Guide Streamlinks via Source Streaming Services Selection

This is strictly a convenience feature request.

I think the next logical step for Channels now that it has started beta steps in to streamlinks live tv in the guide is to have a Source for Live Streaming Services that will populate automatically with the streamlinks for live TV services that the end user states they subscribe to.

This again is strictly a convenience request like the "bonus" Channels that people receive when they subscribe to any TVE source. Of course with the new beta feature, these can be added manually via custom channels (the same can be said for those bonus TVE channels). It is just something to think about while the developers iron out kinks in what they are currently developing. In many ways streamlinks are a slightly more advanced user feature and this type of source may be less daunting for more casual ChannelsDVR users.

2 Likes

I think this is a good idea. Voted. :slightly_smiling_face:

P.S. I'm not familiar with the streaming service called "And So On". What do you get with it? :yum:

2 Likes

Meh, don’t waste your time with it, all the same content is available for less at “Yadda Yadda Yadda.” :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Great idea. Voted.

3 Likes

This is a beautiful mockup, too; I'm quite impressed! Voted for sure.

Of course, this will open up the can of worms to doing something similar with Stream Links. If I can click a box and say what services I subscribe to, could I not then search in Channels and "bookmark" those programs so that it auto-generates those links for me? Basically, JustWatch/Reelgood/Etc... inside of Channels. And I will happily open that can! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I think this is a brilliant idea to work towards. I would vote twice if i could. Streamlinks being built in is awesome idea.

This is what Plex does. They call it discovery. The new service FreeCast is also doing something similar.

Though i like this idea. I am not sure what it would take to incorporate. But CDVR leaning more into streamlinks is a AWESOME idea.

I had forgotten about this request, but in case someone come across this later, a solution now exists for the on-demand version with this:

I'll think about if there is a way to incorporate @Absenm's original request. Maybe provide an m3u with the stations automatically after selecting the service? It's a bit to ponder on.