RESEARCH: Media Library Organization

Given that those who would gain the most of this idea are enthusiasts and use Plex as their choice for service I would say any scheme that Plex can recognize would be beneficial to the most amount of the people using a single scheme. The only other major service out there is ITunes but given that every year android takes more of the smartphone market that section of people is not growing at the rate it used to.

Incorporating private media into Channels would be a interesting challenge and could attract a new set of persons to use the app and service.

4 Likes

I use Emby. I have two folders, one for TV, and one for Movies, kind of a legacy outcome from when I used Plex and that was the preferred method. Examples:

/Media/TV/SHOWNAME.S01E01.m4v
/Media/Movies/MOVIETITLE.m4v

I use a mix of MKV, MP4, and M4V files, depending on when I encoded them, or if they were downloaded.

Would love for Channels to take over the duties of Emby/Plex if possible. Would be willing to re-name or re-encode files to do that (though I know some wouldn't). I tend to use the batch encoding in Handbrake for my encoding needs.

Keep up the good work.

I'm running Plex with the following structure for TV:
D:\Plex\TV Shows\Show Title\Season ##\Show Title - s##e## - Episode Title.ext

1 Like

My family videos are organized as follows:

iMovie Library 5T.imovielibrary/2018-04/clip-2018-04-01 09;49;00.mov

So you don't have a folder per show?

Movies would ideally be scraped by using their folder name. Tv shows have a season folder.
/movies/Up (2009)/Up.2009.REPACK.1080p.BluRay.DTS-ES.x264.mkv
/movies/Usual Suspects, The (1995)/The.Usual.Suspects.1995.1080p.BluRay.DTS.x264.mkv
/movies/V for Vendetta (2005)/V.For.Vendetta.2005.1080p.BluRay.Remux.VC-1.TrueHD.5.1.mkv
/movies/Wedding Crashers (2005)/Wedding.Crashers.2005.1080p.BluRay.AC3.x264.mkv
/movies/Wolf of Wall Street, The (2013)/The.Wolf.of.Wall.Street.2013.1080p.BluRay.DTS.x264.mkv
/movies/Zoolander (2001)/Zoolander.2001.1080p.BluRay.AC3.x264.mkv

/tv/True Detective/Season 02/True Detective - S02E01 - The Western Book of the Dead WEBDL-1080p.mkv
/tv/True Detective/Season 02/True Detective - S02E02 - Night Finds You WEBDL-1080p.mkv
/tv/Succession/Season 01/Succession - S01E01 - Celebration Bluray-1080p.mkv
/tv/Succession/Season 01/Succession - S01E02 - Sh-t Show at the F-k Factory Bluray-1080p.mkv

Love seeing the innovation and progress with Channels! Keep up the great work!

My apologies - I do have a show folder for each show in my library. Sorry about that!

1 Like

Using Plex
2 folders: Movies, TV Shows - typical naming
TV Shows have their own folder with subfolders for each season.
Keeping it simple for the Movies folder:
Movie Title (Year).mp4

Exception, the 3 movies that were on multiple discs:
/Movies/Ben-Hur (1959)/Ben-Hur (1959) - pt1.mp4
/Movies/Ben-Hur (1959)/Ben-Hur (1959) - pt2.mp4
/Movies/El Cid (1961)/El Cid (1961) - pt1.mp4
/Movies/El Cid (1961)/El Cid (1961) - pt2.mp4
/Movies/The Ten Commandments (1956)/The Ten Commandments (1956) - pt1.mp4
/Movies/The Ten Commandments (1956)/The Ten Commandments (1956) - pt2.mp4
(Rarely watch the movies any more, but the soundtracks are epic!)

More great stuff from Channels, thanks all.

1 Like

Here's a couple examples of my BD rips, I rip all the extras and multiple versions of the movies. I have many 3D rips as well (waiting for something that can play them on the ATV).

Movies\BDs\Event Horizon (1997)\Event Horizon (1997).mkv
Movies\BDs\Event Horizon (1997)\deleted scenes\Deleted Scene.mkv
Movies\BDs\Event Horizon (1997)\deleted scenes\Earlier Version Cut Scene with Commentary.mkv
Movies\BDs\Event Horizon (1997)\deleted scenes\Extended Medbay Scene with Commentary.mkv
Movies\BDs\Event Horizon (1997)\featurettes\The Making of Event Horizon.mkv
Movies\BDs\Event Horizon (1997)\featurettes\The Point of No Return - The Filming of Event Horizon.mkv
Movies\BDs\Event Horizon (1997)\featurettes\Unseen Event Horizon - Concept Art.mkv
Movies\BDs\Event Horizon (1997)\featurettes\Unseen Event Horizon - Rescue Scene.mkv
Movies\BDs\Event Horizon (1997)\trailers\Theatrical Trailer.mkv
Movies\BDs\Anchorman - The Legend of Ron Burgundy (2004)\Anchorman - The Legend of Ron Burgundy (2004) - Extended.mkv
Movies\BDs\Anchorman - The Legend of Ron Burgundy (2004)\Anchorman - The Legend of Ron Burgundy (2004) - Theatrical.mkv
Movies\BDs\Anchorman - The Legend of Ron Burgundy (2004)\deleted scenes\Deleted and Extended Scenes.mkv
Movies\BDs\Anchorman - The Legend of Ron Burgundy (2004)\featurettes\2004 MTV Music Awards Interviews.mkv
Movies\BDs\Anchorman - The Legend of Ron Burgundy (2004)\featurettes\A Conversation with Ron Burgundy.mkv
Movies\BDs\Anchorman - The Legend of Ron Burgundy (2004)\featurettes\Afternoon Delight Recording Session.mkv
Movies\BDs\Anchorman - The Legend of Ron Burgundy (2004)\featurettes\Alternate Universe Takes.mkv
Movies\BDs\Anchorman - The Legend of Ron Burgundy (2004)\featurettes\Blooper Reel.mkv
Movies\BDs\Anchorman - The Legend of Ron Burgundy (2004)\featurettes\Blu Ray Menu.mkv
Movies\BDs\Anchorman - The Legend of Ron Burgundy (2004)\featurettes\Cast Auditions.mkv
Movies\BDs\Anchorman - The Legend of Ron Burgundy (2004)\featurettes\Cinemax - The Making of Anchorman.mkv
Movies\BDs\Anchorman - The Legend of Ron Burgundy (2004)\featurettes\Comedy Central Reel Comedy - Anchorman.mkv
Movies\BDs\Anchorman - The Legend of Ron Burgundy (2004)\featurettes\Commercial Break.mkv
Movies\BDs\Anchorman - The Legend of Ron Burgundy (2004)\featurettes\Happy Birthday AMC Loews.mkv
Movies\BDs\Anchorman - The Legend of Ron Burgundy (2004)\featurettes\Music Video - Afternoon Delight.mkv
Movies\BDs\Anchorman - The Legend of Ron Burgundy (2004)\featurettes\Playback Video.mkv
Movies\BDs\Anchorman - The Legend of Ron Burgundy (2004)\featurettes\Raw Footage - Good Takes.mkv
Movies\BDs\Anchorman - The Legend of Ron Burgundy (2004)\featurettes\Rehearsal Footage.mkv
Movies\BDs\Anchorman - The Legend of Ron Burgundy (2004)\featurettes\Ron Burgundy 1970 Emmy Award Speech.mkv
Movies\BDs\Anchorman - The Legend of Ron Burgundy (2004)\featurettes\Ron Burgundy PSAs.mkv
Movies\BDs\Anchorman - The Legend of Ron Burgundy (2004)\featurettes\Table Read.mkv
Movies\BDs\Anchorman - The Legend of Ron Burgundy (2004)\trailers\Trailer.mkv
Movies\BDs\Terminator Movies\Terminator 2 (1991)\Terminator 2 (1991) - 3D.mvc.mkv
Movies\BDs\Terminator Movies\Terminator 2 (1991)\Terminator 2 (1991) - Extended Special Edition.mkv
Movies\BDs\Terminator Movies\Terminator 2 (1991)\Terminator 2 (1991) - Special Edition.mkv
Movies\BDs\Terminator Movies\Terminator 2 (1991)\Terminator 2 (1991) - Theatrical.mkv
Movies\BDs\Terminator Movies\Terminator 2 (1991)\deleted scenes\Deleted Scenes.mkv
Movies\BDs\Terminator Movies\Terminator 2 (1991)\featurettes\T2 - Reprogramming the Terminator.mkv
Movies\BDs\Terminator Movies\Terminator 2 (1991)\featurettes\The Making of Terminator 2 (1991).mkv
Movies\BDs\Terminator Movies\Terminator 2 (1991)\trailers\Special Edition Trailer.mkv
Movies\BDs\Terminator Movies\Terminator 2 (1991)\trailers\Theatrical Trailer.mkv
Movies\BDs\Terminator Movies\Terminator 2 (1991)\trailers\Trailer - 3D.mvc.mkv
Movies\BDs\Terminator Movies\Terminator 2 (1991)\trailers\Trailer for 3D Version.mkv
Movies\BDs\Terminator Movies\Terminator 2 (1991)\trailers\Trailers.mkv
Movies\BDs\Re-Animator (1985)\Re-Animator (1985).mkv
Movies\BDs\Re-Animator (1985)\deleted scenes\Deleted and Extended Scenes.mkv
Movies\BDs\Re-Animator (1985)\featurettes\Music Discussion with Richard Band.mkv
Movies\BDs\Re-Animator (1985)\featurettes\Re-Animator - Resurrectus.mkv
Movies\BDs\Re-Animator (1985)\interviews\Composer Richard Band.mkv
Movies\BDs\Re-Animator (1985)\interviews\Director Stuart Gordon and Producer Brian Yuzna.mkv
Movies\BDs\Re-Animator (1985)\interviews\Fangoria Editor Tony Timpone.mkv
Movies\BDs\Re-Animator (1985)\interviews\Writer Dennis Paoli.mkv
Movies\BDs\Re-Animator (1985)\trailers\TV Spots.mkv

I have items in Plex so standard naming applies. I use some custom artwork on specific movies or tv shows if I don't like it. I use MetaZ for Mac and will normally put in cover art before I add them to Plex. Sometimes I'll use the default art. A feature that would check first for embedded artwork or missing metadata would be nice. This will be important for content that the database info has no info for.

Another thing that I would really like for organization in Movies is to make Categories or Folders for specific groups of movies. I would also be nice to assign Artwork for that folder. That would really help the organization without having to scroll thru 100's of titles.

Lastly, I assume you guys are going to add TV shows and would love that. On Plex, I have many Alcatraz specials all grouped into 1 folder. The way Plex works, it can't find artwork for them so I have to make artwork for them. Most are things recorded from Channels so the artwork is available.

I use a WD PR2100 and don't know how to do all the log stuff. I can try to dig more if it will help.

Very excited about the imported movies (hopefully tv, too). I hate Plex and if I could do everything in Channels, I would be very happy.

I have one tier of folders to separate kids movies from grownup movies, within the folders the file names are simply the title of the movie, no additional info. Having said that, lots of my movies have been imported into other tools that added detailed metadata, so you may find that to be a rich source of matching information.

I have several hundred .mkvs stored on a NAS and I use the infuse app on the ATV to watch. I have several 4K movies that are about 55 gigs big and the they work fine. The only organization is that I store most in the root directory; but do maintain sub-directory for 4K files. Check out infuse.

I have things organised as per Plex recommendations:

• /TV Shows/ShowName (YEAR)/Season 02/ShowName s1e1 (YEAR).mkv
    */Movies/Movie name (YEAR)/Movie name (YEAR).mkv

Also, based on this – and maybe I should create a new topic? – could movies be stored in their own folder inside the movie folder? This will make things a little neater: Movies/Movie Name (YEAR)/Movie Name (YEAR).mkv

At the moment things are all just clumped together.

Let me know if I should break this out to its own topic.

I use the Plex system for my files.

I have set up folders and libraries in Plex for Movies, TV shows, Channels DVR TV, Channels DVR Movies, Downloaded Podcasts, Music Videos, 1950's Radio Shows, and Workout Videos.

In the Movies folder I have sub-folders for Documentaries, Animation, Christmas, and a sub-folder for my wife's favorite movies. This allows Plex to show all the movies in the Movies library with each sub-folder also being a library.

I have DVD and Blu Ray rips (both movies and TV shows) in iTunes and have switched on 'keep my media folder organised' in iTunes. Rips are in m4v. I have only ripped the main features of movie DVDs as m4vs. I have used Subler on the Mac to provide metadata from a variety of sources. Movies are in the Movies sub-folder within iTunes Media and TV Shows are in the TV Shows sub-folder. An extract from the Movies folder:

/volumes/RAID/iTunes Media/Movies/The Incredibles

/volumes/RAID/iTunes Media/Movies/The Incredibles/The Incredibles.m4v

/volumes/RAID/iTunes Media/Movies/The Italian Job

/volumes/RAID/iTunes Media/Movies/The Italian Job/The Italian Job.m4v

/volumes/RAID/iTunes Media/Movies/The King and I

/volumes/RAID/iTunes Media/Movies/The King and I/The King and I.m4v

/volumes/RAID/iTunes Media/Movies/The Lego® Batman Movie

/volumes/RAID/iTunes Media/Movies/The Lego® Batman Movie/The Lego® Batman Movie.m4v

/volumes/RAID/iTunes Media/Movies/The Little Mermaid

/volumes/RAID/iTunes Media/Movies/The Little Mermaid/The Little Mermaid.m4v

/volumes/RAID/iTunes Media/Movies/The Mummy

/volumes/RAID/iTunes Media/Movies/The Mummy/The Mummy.m4v

And an extract from the TV Shows folder looks like this:

/volumes/RAID/iTunes Media/TV Shows/Yes Minister

/volumes/RAID/iTunes Media/TV Shows/Yes Minister/.DS_Store

/volumes/RAID/iTunes Media/TV Shows/Yes Minister/01 Party Games.m4v

/volumes/RAID/iTunes Media/TV Shows/Yes Minister/Season 1

/volumes/RAID/iTunes Media/TV Shows/Yes Minister/Season 1/.DS_Store

/volumes/RAID/iTunes Media/TV Shows/Yes Minister/Season 1/01 Open Government.m4v

/volumes/RAID/iTunes Media/TV Shows/Yes Minister/Season 1/02 The Official Visit.m4v

/volumes/RAID/iTunes Media/TV Shows/Yes Minister/Season 1/03 The Economy Drive.m4v

/volumes/RAID/iTunes Media/TV Shows/Yes Minister/Season 1/04 Big Brother.m4v

/volumes/RAID/iTunes Media/TV Shows/Yes Minister/Season 1/05 The Writing on the Wall.m4v

/volumes/RAID/iTunes Media/TV Shows/Yes Minister/Season 1/06 The Right to Know.m4v

/volumes/RAID/iTunes Media/TV Shows/Yes Minister/Season 1/07 Jobs for the Boys.m4v

/volumes/RAID/iTunes Media/TV Shows/Yes Minister/Season 2

/volumes/RAID/iTunes Media/TV Shows/Yes Minister/Season 2/01 The Compassionate Society.m4v

/volumes/RAID/iTunes Media/TV Shows/Yes Minister/Season 2/02 Doing the Honours.m4v

/volumes/RAID/iTunes Media/TV Shows/Yes Minister/Season 2/03 The Death List.m4v

/volumes/RAID/iTunes Media/TV Shows/Yes Minister/Season 2/04 The Greasy Pole.m4v

/volumes/RAID/iTunes Media/TV Shows/Yes Minister/Season 2/05 The Devil You Know.m4v

/volumes/RAID/iTunes Media/TV Shows/Yes Minister/Season 2/06 The Quality of Life.m4v

/volumes/RAID/iTunes Media/TV Shows/Yes Minister/Season 2/07 A Question of Loyalty.m4v

/volumes/RAID/iTunes Media/TV Shows/Yes Minister/Season 3

/volumes/RAID/iTunes Media/TV Shows/Yes Minister/Season 3/01 Equal Opportunities.m4v

/volumes/RAID/iTunes Media/TV Shows/Yes Minister/Season 3/02 The Challenge.m4v

/volumes/RAID/iTunes Media/TV Shows/Yes Minister/Season 3/03 The Skeleton in the Cupboard.m4v

/volumes/RAID/iTunes Media/TV Shows/Yes Minister/Season 3/05 The Bed Of Nails.m4v

/volumes/RAID/iTunes Media/TV Shows/Yes Minister/Season 3/06 The Whisky Priest 1.m4v

/volumes/RAID/iTunes Media/TV Shows/Yes Minister/Season 3/06 The Whisky Priest.m4v

/volumes/RAID/iTunes Media/TV Shows/Yes Minister/Season 3/07 The Middle-Class Rip-Off.m4v

/volumes/RAID/iTunes Media/TV Shows/Yes, Prime Minister

/volumes/RAID/iTunes Media/TV Shows/Yes, Prime Minister/.DS_Store

/volumes/RAID/iTunes Media/TV Shows/Yes, Prime Minister/Season 1

/volumes/RAID/iTunes Media/TV Shows/Yes, Prime Minister/Season 1/01 The Grand Design.m4v

/volumes/RAID/iTunes Media/TV Shows/Yes, Prime Minister/Season 1/02 The Ministerial Broadcast.m4v

/volumes/RAID/iTunes Media/TV Shows/Yes, Prime Minister/Season 1/03 The Smoke Screen.m4v

/volumes/RAID/iTunes Media/TV Shows/Yes, Prime Minister/Season 1/04 The Key.m4v

/volumes/RAID/iTunes Media/TV Shows/Yes, Prime Minister/Season 1/05 A Real Partnership.m4v

/volumes/RAID/iTunes Media/TV Shows/Yes, Prime Minister/Season 1/06 A Victory For Democracy.m4v

/volumes/RAID/iTunes Media/TV Shows/Yes, Prime Minister/Season 1/07 The Bishop's Gambit.m4v

/volumes/RAID/iTunes Media/TV Shows/Yes, Prime Minister/Season 1/08 One of Us.m4v

/volumes/RAID/iTunes Media/TV Shows/Yes, Prime Minister/Season 2

/volumes/RAID/iTunes Media/TV Shows/Yes, Prime Minister/Season 2/01 Man Overboard.m4v

/volumes/RAID/iTunes Media/TV Shows/Yes, Prime Minister/Season 2/02 Official Secrets.m4v

/volumes/RAID/iTunes Media/TV Shows/Yes, Prime Minister/Season 2/03 A Diplomatic Incident.m4v

/volumes/RAID/iTunes Media/TV Shows/Yes, Prime Minister/Season 2/04 A Conflict of Interest.m4v

/volumes/RAID/iTunes Media/TV Shows/Yes, Prime Minister/Season 2/05 Power To The People.m4v

/volumes/RAID/iTunes Media/TV Shows/Yes, Prime Minister/Season 2/06 The Patron of the Arts.m4v

/volumes/RAID/iTunes Media/TV Shows/Yes, Prime Minister/Season 2/07 The National Education Service.m4v

/volumes/RAID/iTunes Media/TV Shows/Yes, Prime Minister/Season 2/08 The Tangled Web.m4v
2 Likes

Our structure was established way back with Windows Media Center with Windows XP, moved onto WMC 7 and is now handled from within Kodi. In Kodi it's set up so we simply browse the file structure for shows and movies respectively. All the library information / online media art crap is disabled since it got it wrong more times than not (and takes up way to much space on the screen compared to a simple list anyway) - and we tend to rename the files as we move them into the structure / rip from DVD so the names themselves (mostly) explain what it is.

It's simple, and it works pretty good.

\MEDIACENTER
D: Recording Disk
Recorded TV

V: Video Disk
	Video
		Animation
			Pink Panther
				01 - Pink-Come Tax.avi
				02 - Pink-A-Rella.avi
				03 - Pink Pest Control.avi
				[...]
			Shaun the Sheep
				Series 1
					S01E01 Off the baa!.avi
					S01E02 Bathtime.avi
					[...]
				Series 2
					S02E01 Troublesome tractor.avi
					S02E02 Hiccups.avi
					[...]
				Shaun the Sheep Movie [2015] 720p.mp4
			Simpsons
				The Simpsons - Behind The Laughter.avi
				The Simpsons - Holidays of Futures Passed.dvr-ms
				[...]
			House of Mouse - Big Bad Wolf.dvr-ms
			Lonesome Ghosts_TCM_2017_09_11_21_15_02.wtv
			Toy Story of TERROR!.wtv
		Documentaries
			10 That Changed America
				10 Buildings That Changed America KOPB.wtv
				10 Homes That Changed America KOPB.wtv
				10 Public Parks That Changed America KOPB.wtv
				10 Towns That Changed America KOPB.wtv
			America in Color
				America in Color 1920s.wtv
				America in Color 1930s.wtv
				America in Color 1940s.wtv
				America in Color 1950s.wtv
				America in Color 1960s.wtv
			Auto Biography
				Auto-Biography - S01E01 - The Case of The Buried Dino.wtv
				Auto-Biography - S01E02 - The Case of the Split Enzo.wtv
				[...]
			[...]
		Fun and Comedy
			Jeff Dunham
				Jeff Dunham - Talking Heads (biography 2019).wtv
				Jeff Dunham- 2010 Arguing With Myself.avi
				[...]
			Penn & Teller
				Penn & Teller - Bullshit!
					Penn & Teller - Bullshit! - Season 1
						Bullshit! s01e01 - Talking to the Dead.avi
						Bullshit! s01e02 - Alternative Medicine.avi
						[...]
					Penn & Teller - Bullshit! - Season 2
						Bullshit! s02e01- PETA.avi
						[...]
					Penn & Teller - Bullshit! - Season 3
						304 Life Coaching.avi
						[...]
					[...]
				Penn & Teller - Fool Us
					Penn & Teller - Fool Us s01e01.avi
					Penn & Teller - Fool Us s01e02.avi
					[...]
				Penn & Telller - Magic and Mystery Tour (2005)
					Magic and Mystery Tour - China.avi
					Magic and Mystery Tour - Egypt.avi
					Magic and Mystery Tour - India.avi
				Penn & Telller - Tell a Lie
					Penn & Teller - Tell a Lie s01e01.avi
					Penn & Teller - Tell a Lie s01e02.avi
					[...]
			Carol Burnett- The Mark Twain Prize_KOPBDT_2014_12_31_21_58_00.wtv
			Tina Fey- The Mark Twain Prize_KOPB_2014_08_19_03_28_00.wtv
			Ukulele - The Good the Bad the Ugly.wmv
		TV one off
			Fleetwood Mac- The Dance_KOPB_2018_12_01_02_29_00.wtv
			Masterpiece Classic_KOPB_23_03_2012_22_57_04_39Steps.dvr-ms
		TV Series
			Brooklyn Nine Nine
				Brooklyn Nine-Nine_KGWHD_2019_01_17_20_59_00.wtv
				Brooklyn Nine-Nine_KGWHD_2019_01_31_20_59_00.wtv
				[...]
			Downton Abbey
				Series 1
					Downton Abbey Series 1 Episode 1.dvr-ms
					Downton Abbey Series 1 Episode 2.dvr-ms
					Masterpiece Classic_KOPB_2012_11_22_12_27_00_S1_E1.wtv
					[...]
				Series 2
					Masterpiece Classic_S2_E1_KOPB_2012_12_09_20_57_00_convhome.wtv
					Masterpiece Classic_S2_E2_KOPB_2012_12_09_22_00_03_IsobelandCora.wtv
					[...]
				Series 3
					Masterpiece Classic_KOPB_2013_01_06_20_57_00.wtv
					Masterpiece Classic_KOPB_2013_01_06_20_57_00.wtv
					[...]
				Downton Abbey on Masterpiece_KOPB_2016_02_28_20_59_00.wtv
				Downton Abbey on Masterpiece_KOPB_2016_03_06_20_59_00.wtv
				Secrets of Highclere Castle_KOPB_2013_01_06_19_57_00.wtv
				Secrets of the Manor House_KOPB_22_01_2012_20_00_03.dvr-ms
			[...]

M: Movies Disk
	Movies
		Action
			Back to the Future_TBS_2017_05_13_06_29_00.wtv
			Beverly Hills Cop_VH-1WHD_2018_05_18_10_29_00.wtv
			Big Trouble in Little China_AMCP_2013_03_04_11_42_28.wtv
			Commando_FXMHD_2018_09_17_22_59_00.wtv
			[...]
		Animated movies
			Beauty and the Beast_KATU_2017_12_24_19_59_00.wtv
			Big Hero 6_DISXD_2018_02_19_09_47_00.wtv
			[...]
		Classics
			Audrey Hepburn
				Breakfast at Tiffany's_TCM_2017_02_04_16_59_00.wtv
				Roman Holiday_AMCP_2012_12_16_07_57_00.wtv
			Bogart & Bacall
				Across the Pacific_TCM_2016_12_27_02_59_00.wtv
				Casablanca_TCM_2013_11_10_12_57_00.wtv
				[...]
			[...]
			Angel and the Badman_KOPBDT2_2012_12_02_09_26_00.wtv
			Anna and the King of Siam_TCM_2013_03_24_05_00_02.wtv
			[...]
		Comedy
			Police Academy
				Police Academy.wtv
				Police Academy 2 - Their First Assignment.wtv
				Police Academy 3 - Back in Training.wtv
				[...]
			27 Dresses_FXHD_2019_12_16_12_29_00.wtv
			A Shot in the Dark_KPTV_2014_11_23_02_58_00.wtv
			[...]
		Drama
			[...]
		Fantasy sci-fi
			[...]
		Fluff
			[...]
		Foregin
			[...]
		Holiday
			[...]
		Musicals
			[...]
		Silent
			[...]
		War & Westerns
			[...]

All of my media is organised as below, so I'll provide just a few examples. For films, I always include the year, and I include the resolution if I have more than one copy.

For TV, I always include the source/resolution (Bluray-1080p, DVD-576p, etc) and I try to include the episode name if available.

DVR Software: N/A
Media Software: Plex

Media/Films/Alien.1979/Alien.1979 [4K].mkv
Media/Films/Alien.1979/Alien.1979 [1080p].mkv
Media/Films/Beetlejuice.1988.m4v
Media/Films/Truman.Show.1998/Truman.Show.1998.mkv
Media/TV/John Adams/Season 1/John.Adams.S01E01.Join.or.Die.Bluray-1080p.mkv

Posting in response to this post on the Imports thread:
Original Imports post
My movies directory is stored on my QNAP Nas in the format:
//QNAPDrive/Plex/Movies/The Raid 2 (2014)/The Raid 2 (2014).mp4

and with some of the movies I've imported I'm seeing multiple duplicate entries of 0 sec as well as the actual movie file

Your screenshot shows a .@thumb directory with mp4 files inside it, multiple per original video file. What is creating those?

I'm not sure to be honest! I've only pointed the Import option at //nasdrive/Plex/Movies and I can't see those files anywhere in there, with hidden files turned on or off. I always thought Plex stored those things in it's own Media Server directory
EDIT: The path used is actually /share/Plex/Movies I don't know whether using this path causes different behaviour or not?