Restarting playback following AirPods disconnect

I'm getting to the point where I think I might turn off AirPods auto switching between devices because it causes so many issues.

Anyway, I've had this situation where if I've got something playing on my iPad and my phone rings, I put on my AirPods to answer the call and my iPad starts playing sound through the AirPods. This is to do with apple and is an annoyance from the auto-switching that I might well turn off.

However, upon changing setting the iPhone to use the AirPods, the Channels on iPad stops playing because the headphones have now disconnected.

Once this has happened, no matter what I do, I cannot get the recording to start playing again. The only way I've found is to stop, close the recording and restart from the library again. When playback is paused, it would be nice if it were possible to start playback again.

Please submit diagnostics when this happens next.

1 Like

I just want to chime in and say that I have turned off auto switching. It took me weeks to figure out what was happening. I have AirPods Max and while they are not in use, they are also not in their low power holster. They seemed to randomly connect to devices and it would cause Channels to stop playing and I could not, for the life of me, figure out why. It felt like a buffering issue because it would always happen about 5-10 minutes into watching something and Channels was the only thing that would be negatively affected.

Auto switching was causing me different annoyances beyond channels when I am using multiple devices at once, so it’s just better for me to keep it turned off.

1 Like