Samsung Smart TV & Channels App

Is there anyway to add the Channels App to the Samsung Smart TV? Samsung has their own App store and the Channels App is not available.

No. Samsung uses their own platform (Tizen); Channels is only available for Apple and Android devices.

Also, for those finding this thread in hopes of other smart TVs:

There is also no Roku or WebOS (LG) client for Channels, nor are there plans to develop one.

1 Like

This you?

:face_with_monocle:

1 Like

I have two TVs. One is a Sony and the other is a Samsung. The Sony sues a modified Android system and the Channels app does not play well with it. The Samsung is also a problem. Simple solution was to add Firesticks to both and they work great. One little remote to control the TVs.

yes, of course. but would be nice to have native support. thanks!

3 Likes

Because smart TV platforms are either terrible, or are completely underpowered. We'll never support them, because we do not have the resources to do so.

If you need something that runs on your Smart TV platform, I don't think Channels is going to really ever work for you. I'd implore you to investigate using a streaming box that just plugs into the TV, because they just have more power behind them and are much more reliable.

We're a small team and supporting more platforms, especially awkward ones like Tizen is just not something we can or ever will do.