Samsung TV Plus for Channels [retired]

Yeah, I just checked now and I'm showing the channels and can watch them but I do not have listings.

Same

@matthuisman Samsung TV+ US is missing guide data again. Thanks!

I had the same. Redownloaded the guide data and all is good

He must've seen it, fixed now after at least 36 hrs with no listings.

I tagged Matt up above on a post, and he usually fixes it quickly after that. Because I tried reloading the guide before my post, and that didn't work. But it works now.

Yea, thanks for that, will do next time. I only see about 4 of the movie channels on SamsungTV+ (the rest are hidden) but it's nice to watch an old move in decent quality on occasion.

1 Like

Looks like the feed for Million Dollar Listings is broken. Other channels are working fine and guide data is still loading. @matthuisman

working ok for me. Sometimes the channels will go down at the provider. best to wait a little and usually they come back :slight_smile:

Understood! Thanks for the response.

No guide data all of a sudden after 2pm today for Samsung channels. It also been only going about 4hrs of guide data the last several days.
I am using
https://i.mjh.nz/SamsungTVPlus/us.xml

I don't see guide data either. I use:
URL https://i.mjh.nz/SamsungTVPlus/us.m3u8
XMLTV Guide Data: CBS News

If you click on a channel, the feeds are working. Just no guide data.

@matthuisman

The EPG data looks fine to me now.

Yea. There was no guide data for several hours yesterday. Now, i check, its back.

No guide data after midnight .. tried reload. nothing

Looks like there is at least a few hours in there at the moment:

This feed seems a little more hit-or-miss recently, but I believe its something on Samsung's side. Going to quote above:

But the channels aren’t down. They still open and stream just fine But Have no guide data. The problem lies with, however, this URL is fetching the guide data. Because the actual Samsung channels app still has all the guide data. Currently Channels is only showing about two hours of guide data

App ≠ API

The API that this uses is at the mercy of whatever data Samsung allows to pass through and out of it. It seems Samsung has severely limited the amount of hours accessible into the future, but here I can see it is now extended a few more hours since my last look:

If you are not already doing so, I highly recommend reloading the XML Guide data on a more frequent basis:

1 Like

It already is set to update every one hour however that seems irrelevant because the XML it’s actually only been updated every four or six hours anything in between there’s no update for guide

1 Like