Saving a live show

If I am watching a live show, is there a way to save/record it on the fly – the show before and after what I am watching gets saved to the hard drive?

For example, if I am watching the local news, and I see something I want to show my wife later. I can to save that.

You can swipe down and click record, but it won’t save anything that has already been aired.

Sorry, should have been clearer…how about on iOS iPad?

I don’t think you can record from inside the player on iOS. You would have to leave the player and select record from the show info dialog.

1 Like

I was also wondering about this. On my cable box I can record what’s in the buffer for the channel I’m watching in addition to what the guide says the remaining time is that is left for the program. All I have to do is press the record button. This would be a great feature to add!

1 Like

They have the luck of having all 3 components in one: Tuner,DVR, player all on the same device.

This would require all live viewing to go through the DVR. Of course Then pause could also incorporate moving between rooms.

1 Like

I’d be totally in favor of this design change. Our household usually records everything (primarily for time shifting and ease in comskip), however on the occasions we do view live…this feature would be exceptional. Also, having the ability to pause “live” and then immediately resume in another room would replicate a cable STB set-up.

Live TV is already utilizing a 90 minute buffer for rewinding Live TV. It would seem that some kind of fancy programming could capture that buffer along with an incremental period of time. I know it would be easier said than done but this could be on the wish list.