Saving to a network drive

I started using the DVR feature last month and was able to save to my network drive. Within the last week the DVR will not show my network drive and now have to use a usb external drive. What do I need to do to get the DVR to use my network drive again/

I assume this is on Windows? What version of Windows?

Once you configure the DVR to save to a location, it shouldn’t change… Did you try to change the location? I’m not sure I understand why you needed to change it to a USB drive.

What drive letter is the remote drive mapped at?

Yes this is on a windows computer running windows 10 PRO. I had a software update to my network drive and changed the dvr to use a usb drive until the update was completed. When it was finished I tried to change it back to the network drive but its not showing up. The network drive was mapped to my Z Drive

1 Like

Can you visit http://127.0.0.1:8089/system/disk and post the results. Also run this command in Powershell and post the results:

Get-CimInstance Win32_LogicalDisk

this is what I got when I ran that command in powershell

PS C:\Users\Admin> Get-CimInstance Win32_LogicalDisk

DeviceID DriveType ProviderName              VolumeName      Size          FreeSpace
-------- --------- ------------              ----------      ----          ---------
C:       3                                                   119453773824  90214678528
D:       5
E:       3                                   DATA            128035672064  24025120768
Z:       4         \\FREENAS\Sherbet-Archive Sherbet-Archive 8588567248896 8446354503680

I went to that link and got,

[{"device":"C:","mountpoint":"C:","fstype":"NTFS","opts":"rw.compress"},{"device":"E:","mountpoint":"E:","fstype":"NTFS","opts":"rw.compress"}]

Thanks. It looks like a bug of some sort.

In the mean time, you can uncheck the DVR box and manually type Z:\ into the DVR box, then check the box again to re-enable.

I tried to manually type the drive letter in and get an error message that the system path cannot be found

1 Like

Please copy/paste the exact message or take a screenshot

Error: unable to create dvr directory: mkdir Z:: The system cannot find the path specified.

Are you sure it’s mounted correctly?

What did you enter into the box? Just “Z:” or something like “Z:\DVR”

I entered Z:\

Tried to mount my server drive again with a new update and get the error message. Was wondering if there is anything else I can do

This error is coming from the operating system and I’m not really sure what to make of it…

When I googled for that error, some of the results said it can happen if the drive is mounted as read-only. Can you open the drive in Windows Explorer, and check properties to ensure write access is granted?

im having the same issue

What path are you using, and what error are you getting?

Can you try “Z:\DVR” instead?

I got the same error

Can you open powershell and try it there:

mkdir z:\dvr