Screensaver when paused or left on menu

Hello there!!

With the ever growing OLED TV sets on the market, which I’ve been looking at getting, I’ve noticed with channels that it will display menus indefinitely which could cause screen burn, the same can be said for paused media, might be a nice idea to let the streaming box to allow screensavers in this case?

Or even have the screen go black if you wanted something simple.

Just an idea
Thanks

When watching a recording, Channels does release itself and allow the screensaver to show.

When watching live TV, it does not. The reason is that when the screensaver is showing, the app is no longer running. So, if we let it do that, you would lose your entire buffer.

We wish things were different, but this is why the behavior is what it is.

Thank you! Maybe that’s just an issue with my setup, as I’ve paused a recording for hours and came back to the same still frame on my TV, same goes with the menu, maybe I should look at my settings etc

Unfortunately this doesn’t seem to be working on my Nvidia Shield TV Pro… got screensaver set to show after 5 minutes

I’m running Channels DVR 4.5.1 on the Shield and using the hardware video decoder .

Thanks

The screensaver does not show when pausing a recording using the channels app on Amazon FireTV Cube.

1 Like

Same with fire tv stick 4k max. This is a pretty big deal imo (for oled tv's).

I’ll chime in also that this is not working as expected for me. The system screensaver is being prevented from running during pre-recorded video.

I’m running 4.6.5 on my Nvidia Shield.

I’ve tried DVR recordings made within Channels and also outside videos that I added to the Channels local library, and in both cases pausing the playback will leave the static screen on my TV indefinitely, or at least longer than 45 minutes. Outside of Channels my screensaver starts at the 5 minute mark.

Can anyone suggest other information that would be helpful to gather to figure out how to make this work? Are there settings that I may be using that are interfering with the normal behavior?

Thanks!