Script that pulls Channels DVR

Question. Is there a script that will pull Channels DVR channels and put them in a m3u8 list?

http://YOURIP:8089/devices/ANY/channels.m3u?format=ts

2 Likes

i tried that with external ip and it won't play. is it because of no token??

No idea I only use it locally.

Correct

You can use token or the integrated Tailscale. If you dig up your token use

https://xxxxxxxx.u.channelsdvr.net:8089/devices/ANY/channels.m3u?codec=copy&session=xxxxxxx

Tailscale would be easier after setting up. Tokens expire after 29days so you would need to change the token every month in the m3u

how do you grab the token?

1 Like

never just seen this.. thank you..

From a pc outside your home network, in chrome go to my.channelsdvr. Login. Hit ctrl,shift,i
Click on “>>” choose application and finally cookies.

What are you trying to accomplish? Your other threads talk about you having 2 subscriptions. We could probably help better if you explain your end goals.

I am trying to get both servers to function on one network.

Then you don’t need anything in this thread. Can you expand on why you think you need two subs and two dvrs on the same network? You can run multiple dvr servers on the same network with only one subscription. The only reason to have multiple subs is if you want to have remote access on both dvr’s and with Tailscale you don’t even need two subs to do that. If you want to run two servers with separate subscriptions then on one server machine you need to run the command in the terminal with the different port number(8099 in this example) and report the port to the devs in an email

channels-server -port=8099

how do you do this on windows?

I don’t use windows but I assume you would run that command in powershell on one of the servers

Easiest thing to do is run Tailscale for remote access.

If you don't want to do that, why not just manually port forward each server to a different WAN side port number and let the developers know which is which.

Of course, no matter what you do you should use Reserved DHCP IP addresses for your servers.

You could also run one or more of them in a container which lets you pick a port to expose if you use bridge mode networking for the container.

If you're not up on networking, NAT, port forwarding, Tailscale, containers, etc. You will need to say what devices and OS you run as servers and clients, what their reserved IP addresses are, what model router you use and your network topology so others can help you.

I run 4 DVR servers. 2 each on two NAS's. All run in containers. I can access any of them remotely using the Tailscale integrated into the server and clients.

how do you get around the cert invalid issue.

I don't have that issue.
You should followup in this other topic you created that's discussing that.

Try to stay on topic for the topic you're posting in.