Season image?

On TV shows, I can set an image for the entire series, and I can set thumbnails for individual episodes. But I just noticed that when I select an episode, another image appears next to the episode summary. And apparently that image is the same for all episodes of the season. Where does that image come from and is it something I can customize?

(Putting this under the Apple TV thread since that is the client device I'm seeing this on.)

1 Like

It comes from the guide provider, Gracenote.

Not sure if you can override it.

There's no current way to choose art for just certain episodes of a season.

OK, this is now doable in the latest pre-release.

The thing that kept us from adding this was a combination of the fact that that image isn't actually shown in the listing of episodes, and not everything in a Channels library is season based. So I think I came up with a good solution.

Instead of displaying the art at all times, for no good reason, you can just check the art that's applied to the episode by clicking it to open the video player modal. It will show the art there.

As for the other issue, instead of trying to apply a single edit to a whole season, which would't help some other shows, we're using the batch editor to update art for multiple shows at once.

So, if you want to update a whole season, just use the batch editor and Select All and update the art. All of the selected episodes will get the picked art.

1 Like

I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing a feature since sometimes I feel like I'm barely scratching the surface of what this software can do, and you went and added this less than 24 hours after I commented! That's absolutely amazing! I'm really looking forward to trying this out.

I've been using Channels as a DVR and for virtual channels for months. This week I finally decided to move my entire video collection from Apple's TV app and Infuse, making Channels my primary TV player. You developers and your dedication made this switch a no-brainer for me! Thanks!

4 Likes

When you say batch editor, do you mean using "select all" and using the "actions" drop down to update art...for say one season?

Yep

1 Like