Season Pass of one of my shows stopped working

Hmm that’s weird.

If you search for the show in the DVR, does more than one result show up?

Is your pass setup to record all or new episodes?

I just checked on mine, as I also have Cheyenne set to record on H & I, and all is fine. I removed the pass and re-added it - all episodes reappeared in the schedule. I do have them set to record “ALL” instead of “NEW” episodes. Hope this helps.

Chief

1 Like

In search, only one result appears for Cheyenne. It airs every weekday at 6:00 am on H&I. The season pass is set for all episodes, all recordings, on time and on time. Cheyenne originally aired from September 1955 to December 1962. So the season pass would never work if set for new episodes since there are no new episodes. I had no problems with this season pass till today. So far, I have had no problems with any of my other 23 season passes.

If the episodes are ones you have recorded already then the DVR would not record them.

I delete each episode after I watch it. Currently, I have no recordings of Cheyenne.

I know that the problem is with the season pass because there are no Cheyenne episodes in the list of scheduled recordings. My workaround of scheduling recordings of each episode individually adds these episodes to the list of scheduled recordings.

Yes but the DVR remembers what was recorded and won’t record it again.

This has come up as an issue a few times so we plan to make it an option as part of the pass, so you can force re-record repeats.

1 Like

I understand now. Do you have an estimate on when that option will be available?

Hopefully in the next week or two. The (incorrect) assumption that each episode would only be recorded once was made very early on during development and unwinding that decision is requiring some big internal changes.

In your case, would you want every airing of this show to be recorded?

Previously someone suggested only re-recording a show if the previously recorded episode had been deleted, AND it had been more than 28 days since the deletion.

See also Upcoming airings marked as recorded (even though they're not) and Some shows not being recorded - Green Icon on show in guide for previous discussion about this issue

The ability to force any and all airings to be recorded would solve my problem since it looks like the DVR already has the ability to skip specific episode recordings on a show with a season pass. Ideally, it would be even better if an episode is recorded only if the same episode is not already present on disk. I do not want the check for a specific elapsed time since the deletion occurred. Thanks.

I’d rather this, too. I think ‘All’ should always record every episode unless it’s on disk.

1 Like

I’ve uploaded an experimental new build which adds this as an optional feature to season passes.

First, upgrade to the experimental build by running this in a Terminal (replace x.x.x.x with the IP address of your DVR):

curl -XPUT http://x.x.x.x:8089/updater/check/2017.07.19.0215

Then, once the DVR has updated (check the Settings tab and make sure it says v2017.07.19.0215), go to the DVR > Passes section. Find the pass you want to edit, click the dropdown on the right, and select Advanced.

In the advanced editor, there’s a new “Re-record deleted episodes” checkbox. Check that and hit Save.

Please let me know how it works out for you. You should see the Schedule populate with upcoming episodes as soon as you save the pass.

cc @Jeremy @ChrisH @Pete_Golian

My DVR is on a QNAP NAS server. Will this work correctly for that plarform?

You need to run the curl command on a mac/linux computer, but put in the IP of your QNAP. You’re basically telling the QNAP DVR to update itself to the experimental build with the new feature.

If you have a windows machine, you can use Powershell with this command instead:

Invoke-WebRequest -Method Put http://x.x.x.x:8089/updater/check/2017.07.19.0215

I get this error in PowerShell:

Invoke-WebRequest : A positional parameter cannot be found that accepts argument ‘17.07.19.0215’.

From a Linux VM, I get this output:

true
curl: (7) Failed connect to 17.07.09.0215:80; Connection timed out

your ip address is wrong. just ssh into your nas and use 127.0.0.1:8089

Looks like there may be an extra space in the command from copy/pasting it?

Yes, in my view of your command line, it looked like there was a break between the 20 and the 17. After fixing that, the update worked. The change to the season pass resulted in all episodes of the show being queued for recording. Thanks for implementing the change so quickly!

1 Like

This seems to be working great. Thanks!!