Some shows not being recorded - Green Icon on show in guide

I have a pass for a show that normally airs at 4pm and 4:30pm. For some reason, the 4pm show is sometimes not recorded.

If I go to the DVR page, I can see the 4pm is sometimes missing from the list.

If I go to the guide, I see the 4pm show marked as queued, but it has a green icon instead of the yellow. What does it mean and how do I fix it?

The green play icon means that particular episode was already recorded. The DVR does not record the same episode more than once.

If the show that was previously recorded was deleted, then how do I get it to record it again? Basically, I want the show to always record if the recording doesn’t exist anymore.

There is a known issue around “recorded but deleted episodes won’t re-record” that was discussed recently in Upcoming airings marked as recorded (even though they’re not). It’s on my todo list… we will likely make the DVR automatically re-record deleted shows after 28 days.

In the mean time, one work around is to click on the green icon entry on the web UI guide, and then select “re-record” from the dropdown.

The dropdown says “Recorded” and when you click it there should be a “Mark as not recorded” option.

Is that setting just for that single recording or will it apply to all recordings for the show? I’m looking for the latter.

For a single episode. There is no setting yet for the entire show.

This is a known issue with the DVR, and something I plan to address within the next week.

Would the 28-day re-record rule suffice for your use-case?

Yes, the 28-day re-record would be perfect.

Thanks.

Thanks!

Please consider making the 28-day rule optional.

There are some series that I discover years late. It’s nice to be able to specify record all and be able to watch every episode ever produced. I find myself doing just that—but I don’t want to rewatch episodes I’ve already seen.

@jkline In your case do you also delete episodes after watching them?

Yes

I would rather that be optional, or configurable. Most shows don’t come back on after 28-days but some re-run the same week.