Seems like a lull, two requests

Seems like a lull in the "Next big thing" in CDVR, and for streaming in general.
So, I have two requests for the devs:

1. Multi hour Live TV buffer on the external Recording device for AndroidTV, Firestick, ONN, Google TV.
    I think this is currently possible if you use the "Beta version" or some-such,
    Can we please make it a part of the next Stable release.
  2. Previous Channel For the same Android devices via double press on the OK button.
    Actually Firestick can do w/ Play-Pause button, but no Play-Pause button on ONN.
    Thanks
1 Like

The DVR has an option for a 4 hour live tv buffer when using the client Stream option.

Thanks for the reply.
I see a "Stream" option on the Client settings under Playback/Streaming Quality/Original Quality Delivery.
I do not see an option to select the Live buffer size, 1hr, 2hr, 4hr.
Is it a fixed 4hr or is that selection elsewhere?? I've looked, do not see.
I just tried on Firestick, seems to be working, 25 min Pause so far, will go up to 4hrs I guess.
BIG THANKS :+1:

You set the size on the server via the web admin.

You can learn more about that here: Channels Support - Streaming

This feature was built to supplement the extremely small amount of storage that some Android TV devices have. Channels can only buffer as much video as there is storage on the device. If your device is low on storage, it will only be able to buffer a small amount of video data.

Using this server side buffering attempts to make this better.

Thanks,
I see it now, I guess selecting it here under Settings/Advanced/Transcoder replaces the "HLS Debug" setting from a previous thread (I don't see a Debug option),
AND it only applies IF you select "Stream" as above.

Any update on having Previous Channel on a Double click on the Android remote OK button??
Thanks