Select Button does not work in Quick Guide on Shield with Fire Stick Remote Gen 3

I have an issue with the newest fire stick remote, Gen 3, on a 2019 Nvidia Shield. The Select button on the remote does not work when using the drop-down Quick Guide menu. I can navigate left & right but am unable to "select" a new channel to watch. Also, I am unable to "select" the Record button within the Quick Guide too.
Any help with this would be appreciated. Thank you.

FYI, I asked this same question in the discord on 11/28 but no response yet, thanks.

The regular shield remote work fine?

And the firetv remote works on the firetv fine?

But firetv remote + shield is not working. Does select work in other places in the app, and in other apps?

1. Yes, perfectly (2019 Shield with its original remote).
  2. Yes, perfectly, (Fire Stick 4k Max with its original remote).
  3. No, the center "select" button on the fire stick remote (Gen 3) will not allow a selection to be made in the Quick Guide pull-down menu.

However, "selecting" does work on a fire stick Gen 2 remote. The reason I don't use this remote is because the bluetooth is laggy on a 2019 Shield.

Does select work in other places in the app, and in other apps?

Yes, perfectly.

Also, I have tried "selecting" on a non-updated remote & an updated remote. It does not work either way.

Okay thanks. It will require some investigation.

If you click the play/pause button does that work?

Yes, using the "select" button for play/pause & using the "play/pause" button for play/pause.

In the quick guide, I think maybe you can use the play/pause to select. Not sure.

That does not work either.
No button works to "select".
I have tried them all.

I did notice that when I press the "select" button a ghost rectangle pops up behind the Quick Guide. Please see the attachment.