Sequoia?

Sorry for the stupid question. I searched-I really did-for Sequoia and didn’t see where it is yet supported. Before I upgrade my Mac Mini I just want to be sure. My Mac Mini is running an Intel processor.

1 Like

Besides the normal reasons for not updating an OS the day of release, macOS updates are pretty tame every year.

There’s no good reason Channels DVR Server would have troubles on it.

I agree about waiting to upgrade. I always wait for at least the .1 or .01 release before upgrading my Mac Mini. And I have a test Mac Mini that I always upgrade first.

Thanks for the reply! In a few weeks or a month there will be a bug fix release and I’ll upgrade then.

Some day I know I’ll have to upgrade the minis to M- processors, but that day is a few years off, I hope.

Just "upgraded" to Sequoia on iMac-M3 . Channels DVR doesn't work:-

1 source found*
Add Source*
Manage*
(12521683)*
0 channels on 192.168.1.12*
No channels detected on this HDHomeRun. Please scan for channels, then click here to continue.*
If no channels are found, you may need a better antenna.*

HDHomeRun clients do work, so it is specific to Channels DVR

After upgrading, I was prompted to "allow this app to access devices on your local network," including for channels. I'm assuming these got missed, or dismissed, as I don't see this issue after upgrading.

1 Like

Apple menu → System Settings → Privacy & Security → Local Network

1 Like

Thank you hancox and fofer, that fixed it. I don't remember seeing that when updating.
Tim

I had to rerun this prompt to get it added to my local network: * If you would like to run the DVR as a background service, open Terminal.app and paste: ~/Library/Application\ Support/ChannelsDVR/uninstall.sh && ~/Library/Application\ Support/ChannelsDVR/install.sh --system. Note that the hardware transcoder is not available when running as a service.