Series Pass Question

First of all, I want to give a big shout out to the creators of this software. For the past 3 years I have been using NextPVR, and, while I do enjoy NextPVR, it appears that channels is going to be more suitable for the equipment I am running. This software is smooth, solid, has a great interface and is just all around amazing !!!

My question, when creating a series pass (from the web TV guide), I notice there are only 2 option. New Episodes and All Episodes. This is not a complaint. But, I am wondering if somewhere down the line there will be more options added. For example, "New Episodes in this time slot, Weekly this time slot,…etc…etc…

The only reason I ask is, I like to record my local news every morning at 6:00am. The news repeats every hour until 9:00am. So, if I choose New Episodes, I will wake up to 3 hours of news as I am assuming they are all flagged as new episodes. Which would be the same as choosing “all episodes”

If I am overlooking a simple solution (setting) to this, i apologize in advance. Should I not be using the web TV guide to set the series pass ?

Once again, EXCELLENT job on this software. :slight_smile:

Once you create a pass, you can visit your DVR’s web UI and access the advanced pass editor. Add a rule like Time CONTAINS 9AM and it will only record those episodes.

Thank you so much. I am going to have to look for the advanced editor…I appreciate the help :slight_smile: