Series Pass Recording Wrong Channel

This is a weird bug that has just started to happen recently:

On certain channels (so far, CNBC, Discovery and Bravo) if I navigate in the Guide to the HD version of the channel and select RECORD, it will record exactly that program on that HD channel. BUT, if I instead select Create Pass, it will record the show but from the Standard Def channel.
For example, if I navigate to Channel 620 in the Guide which is the Discovery HD channel, choose a program and hit record, it will record from channel 620 and the recording will be in high def. But if I instead hit Create Pass, the DVR will instead record in Standard Def from Channel 1562, which is the Discovery East feed, even though I selected it from Channel 620.

Needless to say, I would much prefer to have my tv record in high def rather than SD.
Is there any way to stop this behavior?

You need to set the channel or disable the eastern feed ... It no channel is specified it will record the earliest airing show. The default for passes is "Any" channel.

The airing time on both channels is identical, and the HD channel is a lower number than the feed it is recording from. In fact, the Schedule will show future scheduled recordings and when you Create Pass it
instantly creates a future scheduled recording with the notation of the wrong channel.
So I don't really understand your answer.

When you set the pass set the Channel you want to record from by editing it. Overtype Any with the channel you prefer.

Does the Schedule on the web UI show both channel numbers? The DVR is supposed to pick the HD one automatically.

If you open my.hdhomerun.com and click Channel Lineup, does 1562 show a HD tag next to it?

The Schedule on the web UI shows three channels in exactly the following order:
"1562, 620, 120"

If you open my.hdhomerun.com and click Channel Lineup, only channel 620 is listed as "Discovery HD".
The other two channels are listed as "Discovery East", and are not HD channels. So the DVR is not selecting the HD channel.

Can you post a screen cap? There should be a [HD] tag next to channels that the HDHR thinks are in HD, separate from the name.

Are either of the non-HD channels set as favorites?

Here you go. Attached are screenshots of the HDHR Prime Channel setup.
As you can see, both channel 120 and channel 1562 are SD channels.
Only the HD channel 620 is marked as a favorite.
The DVR is grabbing a nonselected SD non-favorite channel 1562 over the selected HD favorite channel 620.

Only channel 620 is an HD channel.

Thank you for those. Makes it much more clear what's going on.

Can you open the DVR web UI log and scroll back to find a recent recording off the pass which picked the wrong channel. The messages should show what channels it considered and why it picked the non-HD version.

If you can't scroll back far enough use http://127.0.0.1:8089/log?n=20000