Server all of the sudden lost all sources, panic in logs

All of the sudden when i tried to open channels on my atv this morning, it took a couple of minutes to load and then all of my sources are gone except flor my HDHRs. I went on the server and when i go into sources, i see them but when i go into them i just get a spinning wheel. I can playback tv shows just fine. Movies just show a spinning wheel when i go to them. When i go to the guide on the server j just get a spinning wheel as well. My atvs show just hdhr channels in the sources. The guide for the atv shows only locak channel placeholders with no data.

This just happened. Nothig has changed at all.
Logs 3de46ee3-ec94-44e2-b5b8-8df231908ae1

Ubuntu server is my OS

Any ideas?

Seeing same behavior here on Apple clients (ATV, iPhone).
Only source showing is HDHR. Latest pre-release software on Ubuntu 22.04.4

1 Like

Check logs to see if a source failed grabbing its epg xml file. That will cause it for sure. If that is your case delete the associated xml file located in the data folder and sources will reappear and then attempt to reget the xml file. Look in logs for error eof

found this:

No stations available in lineup XMLTV-Pluto after guide data download: XML syntax error on line 129157: illegal character code U+0002

I just removed the source because I don't use Pluto that much

Same here with Synology

1 Like

See this one Guide fetch fails with illegal character code U+0002
Same spinning wheel with high CPU usage while trying to display guide

1 Like

@DemonLourde btw thanks. Its crazy how 1 xml file can take down an entire server.

1 Like

I had two separate TVE sources disappear, presumably from the same issue. I would consider this a pretty major bug in Channels if one bad XML file can completely take out all TVE sources.

1 Like

Agreed. I can restore my sources by deleting the offending Pluto xml file in the data folder. Once the Pluto guide redownloads the sources disappear.

1 Like

I'm sittin ghere with no sources here either.
I'm just seeing loading and I tried a bunch of stuff.
Hoping for a solution soon. Can't watch anything through channels.
Oh yah you can play recordings but that's it.

I have not seen this using the MADDOX Pluto docker.

maddox has code in his docker that removes the illegal characters

So is this an issue with the @joagomez Pluto docker image?

Yep. Actually it's a problem with the source Pluto EPG data. It's also on their website.
He fixed the same issue in his Plex docker.

One of the reasons I use Maddox because it states that it is Optimized for Channels DVR.

Should be okay for the short term now:

1 Like