Server Side Setting to hide record buttons

stop buying stuff with checks. grow up :rofl:

2 Likes

Please make this a thing.

1 Like

Agreed. My parents have issues with recording things by accident.

2 Likes

Checking in to see if this is still possible? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Anything is possible in software. But this isn’t something that’s a priority right now.

Wondering why this wouldn't be "a priority" right now.

If we are trying to "leave" cable and use something like Channels, it needs to be something we can control at least as good as our DVRs we are leaving behind. On Dish I can prevent certain users' remote boxes (Dish calls them "Joeys") from recording using Dish's version of parental controls.
I can barely get my in-laws using iPhone/iPad for TV ... and AppleTV is really hard (due to their hatred of that remote). Something in channels that prevents fat-fingering the record option would be fantastic for that. They'd be more likely to use something they're not worried about messing up.

Just sayin'
Seems like it would be relatively easy since all so many other options for remote viewers are in place. (ps: this is coming from a developer, so I understand people saying "this is so easy to implement". I'm not saying that. I'm just saying maybe look more into it.)

You asked, and we answered. I can’t go into the why.

4 Likes

Approaching the year mark on this request.. Any status? I know you guys are busy developing awesome features, but an old person mode would be amazing!

Disabling recording features has been added to the latest TestFlight beta for iOS/tvOS. The latest pre-release dvr server has the setting as a server side setting as well.

4 Likes

Love that this was implemented for iOS and tvOS devices, any plans to bring this to Android clients?

Added to Android app in next beta build.

1 Like

I see the setting now in Server Side Settings, but it isn't working on my shield. It's updated to latest release on both client and server. Has this been pushed out to Android devices yet?

Thanks for checking!

It’s in the beta build.

1 Like