Server Side Setting to hide record buttons

Evening!

I would love the option to disable the ability to record live tv on certain clients, is there any chance this could be implemented? I have grandparents that connect to my server and are constantly recording things they don't intend to (this is done by accidental clicks), so I would love to disable this.

Also can there be a server side setting to select the video decoder for each client? I have to set it to hybrid for my Shields to play certain media files, and this would save me phone calls to my remote users.

Thanks again for a great product!

6 Likes

Good idea. It makes sense if you can disable deleting on certain clients, you should be able to disable recording also. I can see this being useful on kids devices also.

1 Like

Kids only mode disables recording.

We can look into making this a general setting.

2 Likes

Sounds like we need an Old People Mode. We’ve had request like this for years.

12 Likes

Exactly. I keep trying to tell my mom not to delete things she watches but she is old and forgets.

1 Like

+1 for old people mode
+1 For server side settings

Old people mode. I love it. Come on is "kids mode " is not going to stop kids. I couldn't open a child proof pill bottle while back. My 4 year niece did it, with ease.

I support renaming it to Old People mode

I think the problem here...atleast for me, is my mom is a remote viewer. She is NOT living with me :slight_smile:

1 Like

Haha yes! All they use it for is to watch the news and my virtual channels of old movies. They have no desire to record, yet are constantly recording...

Thanks for looking into this

Hurt-ful.

4 Likes

I propose we officially call it “psperry Mode”. :rofl:

3 Likes

It will be fine. You won’t remember any of this tomorrow. :grin:

7 Likes

I would say “you’re only as old as you feel” but that would only be worse. At least I’m still smarter than you.

2 Likes

We going to get the "old people mode"? I would love to be able to disable recording per device. Currently have a device setup to only show on now and guide, both of these only shows the fav channels I have set up on that device, now just need to stop the recording...

We’ll look into this soon.

1 Like

I'm offended and triggered and feeling generally pissy because of your comment. Perhaps we should have "young people mode" that plays nothing but anime and other "adult" cartoons -- and movies directed by folks like Michael Bay? Hmff.

ID Ten Tee mode? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hate to break it to you, but this is old people mode too. You’re in some kind of 2x old people level now.

2 Likes

And there you go again. Where do I go to register a complaint?

Was I suppose to be offended by "young people mode" because you was offended by "old people mode"? I'm not that young myself. :joy:

1 Like

I’m only 54 but I identify as 94.

2 Likes